• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Want to keep a journal but just can't?

Anyone else have trouble keeping a journal? I used to write obsessively and filled up notebooks after notebooks up till (I think) around second year of college. I didn't make the conscious decision to stop, I think journaling just stopped becoming such a priority.

These days I would sometimes try to pick up the habit again, but it just never takes off and I'd fall off the wagon after only a few days. I think part of the problem is I feel my life is so dull and such an embarrassment I can't be honest even to myself. So little has changed over the years, and what may sound "cute" coming from an 18-year-old just sounds pathetic coming from a full-grown adult who should have gotten her **** together by now.

I was thinking maybe I could do better writing about something other than my life, but don't know how it'll work.

What if you committed to write about the boring stuff? Sorry, that might sound like a terrible idea. But if you decide to write about whatever it is that comes to mind, no matter how dull, then you may catch yourself writing really good stuff. Or you could just make it up. Why not?

As for embarrassment, no one needs to read it. If it's on the internet, most sites allow you to save drafts, and you might come back and fix it or publish it as is, or delete it forever. I've done all three things. And then there's the piles of notebooks I've still got hanging around that literally no one can read unless I teach them how, because I used made-up alphabets to write it in. Some of them I've even forgotten.

I started journaling like a month ago... mostly for blog post drafting, thought collecting so they don't escape me, and mental notes and such. I write everything down that my brain comes up with that I can say publicly. Everything else is for my diary.

Some days I just have nothing to write, so I write that I am bored or something, but eventually there's little sparks even if I'm just having small chat with myself... lol...

I had a really good blog post that I drafted in it a few days ago. My lengthy entries were all drafted in it. My first journal is about to be full. I'm pretty excited to begin writing in a new notebook. This one doesn't have as many pages as the first one, but I still have plenty of blank ones all ready to go, all hanging out in my room. Including a bundle of Moleskine Cahier notebooks from Costco. It was only $20 for a package of 6, 2 of each color. LOVE IT. AND they're bigger pages. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom