• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Visual Snow Simulator

Do you experience visual snow?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • What's that?

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Only sometimes (headache, stress, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Very cool. I always wonder what it's like for people who don't see it. It's so hard to explain to them.

If you mean things in eyes I see things float around and when I close my eyes I see red
But my eyes are probably just adjusting to the light. I so have floaters and black floaters I notice

I thought you were talking about Christmas and visual simulations of snow, last Christmas I put fake snow everywhere but it gets messy and bad for the environment but I bet a white Christmas is really nice.

If you mean things in eyes I see things float around and when I close my eyes I see red
But my eyes are probably just adjusting to the light. I so have floaters and black floaters I notice

I thought you were talking about Christmas and visual simulations of snow, last Christmas I put fake snow everywhere but it gets messy and bad for the environment but I bet a white Christmas is really nice.
F1.medium.gif

It sometimes can have speckles and flashes of light in addition to the "grainy" or "pixelated" visual field. It is there with the eyes closed. It is there while dreaming.

For those that are born with it, it appears to be a corticothalamic dysrhythmia, they can pick it up on ECGs of the brain. It can also be associated with tinnitus, as the visual and auditory processing centers are located next to each other. Within the context of autism, this is most likely due to aberrant neuronal migrational patterns when our brains were developing.

Last edited:
View attachment 115626
It sometimes can have speckles and flashes of light in addition to the "grainy" or "pixelated" visual field. It is there with the eyes closed. It is there while dreaming.

For those that are born with it, it appears to be a corticothalamic dysrhythmia, they can pick it up on ECGs of the brain. It can also be associated with tinnitus, as the visual and auditory processing centers are located next to each other. Within the context of autism, this is most likely due to aberrant neuronal migrational patterns when our brains were developing.
Ok cool, I do not have that that I know of. I just see things normally but do experience syntheisa
I can visualize things and smell things in music and visualize books.

I have always had visual snow syndrome, but until just a few years ago, I thought it was normal and everyone had it the same. It was quite a shock to learn that it was not "normal" and most people do not have it.

I have also had "floaters" since forever. I can't remember ever not having them. I remember sitting and watching them float around, trying to follow them.

View attachment 115626

Interesting! Since learning that visual snow syndrome is a thing, I always considered it visual tinnitus - which I also have.

I don't really know, because I don't know if what I experience is normal. I do get a kind of graininess, but it doesn't impair my vision.

I don't really know, because I don't know if what I experience is normal. I do get a kind of graininess, but it doesn't impair my vision.
No, it doesn't impair your vision, per se, in the sense that it makes things blurry or out of focus. The ability to focus is within the lens of the eye. The visual field associated with Visual Snow Syndrome is caused by abnormal visual processing. Simultaneous 18F-FDG PET/MR metabolic and structural changes in visual snow syndrome and diagnostic use

New Threads

Top Bottom