• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Violent Repulsion

Riley

Is it normal for us Aspies to vehemently hate or be repulsed by a certain something? Because I need to know. I am a fan of Disney's The 7D. A cartoon based around the Seven Dwarves who protect the kingdom of Jollywood. I LOVE it with ALL of my heart!
Today, I talk about its evil rival (In my mind): Teen Titans Go!

Now, I love dark comedy. I really and honestly do. But TTG is too dark for my tastes. Remember: This is coming from a Tim Burton-phile. All the dying and talking about growing up...That last one's my bigger issue.
While normally I do not like jokes about the pressures of adult life, I can make exceptions in cases where it's done right:
Plus, while I don't think anyone noticed, the writers have ego issues. They constantly make jabs at anyone who hates/even dislikes the show. Even taunting the previous CN DC shows for being 'too dark' or 'too serious.' They act like the show MUST be all zany-comedy.
Remember how Batman & Robin was a Box Office Bomb? Too campy? Yeah, we REALLY owe Joel Schumacher an apology. His attempts were full of heart.

I see TTG as a repeat of history. DC trying to become more kid-friendly like they did after 1992.

Not to mention the episode "Books" made a claim that would send any nerd or geek into a foaming-at-the-mouth rage: Comic books aren't real books. First off, writers, if comic books weren't 'real' books, how come I can find them on Goodreads?! Second: If it wasn't for a comic book, your scrawny butts wouldn't have jobs.
I really try to stay away. Avoid the thing all together. But the OCD part of me forces myself to type up the titles.

There's a difference between severe ADHD (The Nicktoons writers) and Schumacher-Burton wannabes (The Cartoon Network writers).

Is it normal for us Aspies to vehemently hate or be repulsed by a certain something?

I don't know if it applies to all Aspies and Auties but I do dislike certain things. Think I always have, they create a reaction that is very like anger, even hatred. Although it's usually not for long, but that moment takes a lot of adrenaline to create and recover from.

Things like people driving drunk, speeding by when I'm driving. People especially kids being hit or hurt, or bullied. Once stopped my car in front of a school and my husband got out and ran after this big teen who was kicking a little boy and throwing his backpack in the gutter. That kind of thing causes little fireworks of white light in my head. So maybe it's the subject matter, in your case cartoons and comics that people rag on or put down that you don't agree with.

It can be frustrating to deal with, but if it's important to you and how you think of things, then it does matter.

Last edited:
Regrettably I'm not as connected with the aspie community as I once was, so I'm not an authority on whether aspies are prone to being filled with acute spikes of psychotic hatred or not. But I know I am sometimes, and although I hardly ever show it, these feelings are horribly intense and have interfered with my life. It really hurts and I feel like a huge asshole that so much of my life has been siphoned into these torturous emotions; but they aren't something that I can shut out of my mind, because the circumstances that cause them in me are almost impossible to avoid.

I can't exactly relate to your issue with Teen Titans Go! (seeing as I hardly ever watch TV these days) but I think I do experience similar feelings. Without question, the thing that fills me with the most potent rage is witnessing LGBT-phobes, misogynists, white supremacists, capitalists, nationalists, ableists, or other subhuman right-wing pieces of filth expressing their oppressive, genocidal opinions with the veneration and justification of the masses. However, perhaps what's even worse is me never being able to call them out on their bile without fear of retaliation. I've ended friendships with people because they've held such beliefs and I consider it an act of personal betrayal against me. They openly speak about how large portions of the population deserve genocide, and I know that would I be among the millions of people they would gleefully drag off to the gas chambers if their fantasies were made a reality. Sometimes, when I've felt really hopeless about life, the only thing that brought me an iota of joy was fantasizing about having sadistic and brutal vengeance on these ex-friends and other worthless scum who think like them.

I think the main reason I get so mad over this stuff is because I was subjected to constant and sadistic abuse over my sexuality as a kid by my sociopath of a mother, and I developed PTSD and major clinical depression as a result of this. Since I came of age and exited those circumstances, I've had to bear the horror of sharing oxygen with people who have her same disgusting ideology. To add insult to injury, they're granted an unprecedented level of credibility in society, and the poor folks who are trying to resist them are branded as terrorists or subhumans by the media and popular opinion. It's really disheartening and paralyzing to see people relentlessly making a mockery of the oppression you endure.

Anyway, sorry for making it all about myself as I usually do but I hope you are re-assured in some way that people can relate to your concern.

I can't stand violence of any kind, and can't follow the News if there's a lot of it, so tend to get out of touch with things I ought to know about, like Syria.

Thankfully, I've never encountered a violent crime, and hope I never do, as I don't know how I'll react. It really makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

ive been brought up around violence thanks to my alcoholic mum and living with both my severe challenging behavior and other peoples challenging behavior to so i dont get shocked by violence,but i do get incredible inner rage when i read/hear about animal abuse or abuse against autistic or intellectually disabled people,i also like watching violent movies like battle royale or hostel but i am not a violent person apart from my meltdowns and behaviors that appear when i am frustrated,mad, cant communicate etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom