• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tv comedies i enjoy and ones i dont

Ghostinthemachine

Just for fun post the TV comedy shows you enjoy and some you really don't like here is mine

Like-on the buses,rab c nesbitt

Dislike friends,gavin and Stacey

I love On The Buses too. I don't know why but I've always had a crush on Jack. His big teeth and nose just suit him and make him look cute.

I also love Outnumbered, Inbetweeners, Friday Night Dinner, Absolutely Fabulous, and Bottom.

I can't stand American comedies unless it's a cartoon or a movie.

I love On The Buses too. I don't know why but I've always had a crush on Jack. His big teeth and nose just suit him and make him look cute.

I also love Outnumbered, Inbetweeners, Friday Night Dinner, Absolutely Fabulous, and Bottom.

I can't stand American comedies unless it's a cartoon or a movie.
Great choices and a big yes to the inbetweeners so funny.i love the on the buses films especially the holiday one,nothing wrong with your crush on Jack,could have been worse it could have been blakey!

I love old series like Fawlty towers and Keeping Up Appearances, I don't have count on how many times I have seen those :) for bad ones... I can't remember any that I have actually seen right now... I'm sure there are plenty thou :)

I'm American but have always appreciated English comedies more than American. I love old episodes of Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, the Young Ones, and the IT Crowd, for example. The only American comedy show I can think of that I actually like is old episodes of Frasier, which I found very funny for the most part.

I generally hate comedies with a laugh track, but can't help it because almost all have it. "Frasier" was a nice exception as only the pilot episode had it. Frasier also happens to be one of the most smartest comedy shows I have seen. It is often masterfully built around one big joke, that is developed very carefully and gradually from the beginning. Just pure genius.

I was surprised to see "On the Buses" mentioned, considering how old it is. But I suppose it reruns quite often at least in British television. In my country they don't much rerun local shows, not to mention foreign shows. I remember liking it when I was a child, but that's about all I remember.

Other British shows I like are "Yes, Minister" and its sequel "Yes, Prime Minister". They really help me to understand how the real world works :D

From older American shows "All in the Family" and "Married... with Children" are my favorites. I kind of like when people can say and do offensive things on purpose or accidentally, and just laugh it off. Something that I would like to have in real life as well.

With more recent (like last twenty years) shows I really can't say to remember anything exceptionally standing out. "Friends", "Big Bang Theory" etc. sure had something in them, but they never really hit me with their awesomeness. "Scrubs" perhaps stands out - when you realize that it is actually more accurate and realistic portrayal of hospital life than most of serious hospital drama series on TV (it annoys me to see same person to do initial examination, give standard vaccination, and perform surgery during same work shift - I'm looking at you ER...).

Edit: Show is "All in the Family", not "Those were the days"... Latter one was the title song, not show title.

Last edited:
I loved Shameless too, the BBC version, not the US version which I couldn't relate to at all. There's another US show redone by Aussies that I also really liked called Rake, once again I couldn't relate at all to the US version.

I love most British comedies, theatre was always something they excelled at. There's a type of Aussie comedy that might interest some of you, ethnic humour exploring the differences between Aussies and mostly Greek immigrants. This started back in the 80s but the theme is still running strong today. For those that aren't offended by Australian language search youtube for Super Wog.

Last edited:
No comedy show offends me, I can take anything.
But I do wish they wouldn't keep doing US versions of our comedies. They started to with the Inbetweeners but the ratings were so unsurprisingly low that they stopped it mid-season.

Father Ted, Red Dwarf, One Foot In The Grave, Dad's Army are my favourites.

The ones I can't stand include Mrs Brown's Boys (I hate that one with a passion, it's the most dumbed down trash ever commited to video tape), Babes in the Wood, My Family. All sewage as far as I'm concerned.

"Scrubs" perhaps stands out - when you realize that it is actually more accurate and realistic portrayal of hospital life than most of serious hospital drama series on TV

Green Wing also a good hospital comedy.

New Threads

Top Bottom