• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trying to write creatively again

Dark Passenger

Hello everyone! I just watched a movie which has inspired me to start writing again. I used to write a lot as a teenager but ever since an emotional trauma I couldn't write anything that wasn't negative and sad but i think it's time i tried again and continued one of my favorite pastimes as a teenager, writing. :bounce: What do you guys like to do in your free time?

I've been trying to pick up writing for years, though I'm not sure if I would really be a traditional writer in that regard.

That being said; because my creative flow in terms of writing (as well as some other things which I include in my writing so to say) is at an all time low, I'm spending time on other things right now. Every now and then I have a minor idea which I pen down for when I get going again. It just isn't happening right now.

My writing, and that's why I said I'm not really a traditional writer, is more because I have more interest to make it a mixed media project, including writing, music and illustration. To where I should also add that the way I work in illustration is with stock images and is mostly photo manipulation, yet I make a lot of the stock images myself with props, so it sometimes turns into a fullblown workshop here painting and crafting things. Add in some odd 3d modelling for stock images. I'm not really sure where I want to take it; my sights have been set on making it a small animated graphic novel of sorts where my illustration are only there to "color in" the world and show it in greater detail (literally), whereas the graphic novel part will be more gritty and probably black and white animated sketches. But I guess that's writing as well... not all writing is just words on paper. Giving illustrations backstories to tie them together is a creative process as well. That... and I just cannot sit down and read books most of the time... I lack imagination for it (and probably focus), but I do read a decent amount of comics/graphic novels

But that's just the idea, which I have been working on in the last year, it's just really, really quiet with that right now... hooray depression :\

Hello everyone! I just watched a movie which has inspired me to start writing again. I used to write a lot as a teenager but ever since an emotional trauma I couldn't write anything that wasn't negative and sad but i think it's time i tried again and continued one of my favorite pastimes as a teenager, writing. :bounce: What do you guys like to do in your free time?

DarkPassenger,

In my free time, I either play computer games, play music, or...write. I write mostly for fun, not making money ('cause I can't...most of what I write is fanfiction, and since the characters I'm playing with belong to somebody else, I can't make money off them...or, I'd be losing it to lawsuits faster than I could make it). :)

I started writing for fun about three years ago, after being referred to a site called FanFiction, during a discussion of my favorite 1980's TV series, Airwolf, over at the International Movie Database. We were discussing the characters of Caitlin O'Shannessy and Stringfellow Hawke, and how, even though Airwolf wasn't a romance-based series, there seemed to be more than just friendship between Cait and String...and a commenter referred me to FanFiction.net. I initially hadn't planned on writing anything, until I read a story called "From Nightmares to Dreams," by a writer with the pen name of Sirius7--I started getting all kinds of questions about her story in my head, and decided I'd better write the answers down in a story--after getting Sirius' permission, of course. Once she said it was okay, I wrote my first story, called "What Now?", and haven't stopped since.

Here's a link to my story collection: robertwnielsen | FanFiction 59 stories there...have a look, if you'd like, and if something there trips your trigger (so to speak), let me know. :)

Thanks for replying guys :) I'm really happy that i'm trying to write again and hope that i'm able to express my feelings by writing. Thanks again:)

New Threads

Top Bottom