• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Toys for aspie kids

ExplosiveTMT

Humour's my middle name.
When I was younger, a teacher showed me a bunch of toys that people with asd like to use. And when I went to a meeting with other aspies, the social workers brought those toys out
They were strange. They basically felt good to the senses. Some were designed to be good to touch, while others were designed to be good to look at.
When I mucked around with those toys, I was thinking "what is this?! :p why do I like them so much? :D"

Anyone else ever been introduced to those sorts of toys? :)

I remember toys like that and they are not to be found here in America. I try to think of the names of these toys that I played with as a child. I long to play with them again even though I am fifty years old. Weird hugh?
One of my absolute favorite toys was a plastic frame toy, with six sides, into which different building blocks with different colors were placed. Each piece had angular two short, two long sides. You could make fantastic patterns with these, different every time. Played with those for hours as a kid, wonderful toy for the mind.

New Threads

Top Bottom