1. Welcome to Aspies Central, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 75 Aspergers Websites for 2011

Discussion in 'Computers/Technology Discussion' started by Pedro, Dec 14, 2011.

Spread The Word: Social Buttons
  1. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Original article: here
  2. BruceCM

BruceCM New Member

Wonder why the Michigan one's so popular, surely there's not that many Aspies there, particularly?
  3. Google

Google New Member V.I.P Member

Where's Aspies Central?
  4. BruceCM

BruceCM New Member

Not in Google's list, sorry! Other, bigger aspie forums than AC aren't there either, no offense; they've been around longer. The sites in the list might get more 'hits', just for people researching Aspergers, either because they or a family member or friend has it or something. I've never heard of most of those sites, though, so I'm not sure how much that list really means!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  5. epath13

epath13 the Fool.The Magician.The... V.I.P Member

I didn't know amazon.com was an Asperger's website :) yeah I know it is a link to a book, but technically it's not an Asperger's website. I checked the my aspergerchild out and who's the owner? Where did they get that information?
  6. King_Oni

King_Oni Moderator Staff Member V.I.P Member

Well... technically... that site, the site where there is information about the book (the one with the button to put it in your shopping cart), is a site about aspergers. And given that amazon gets a lot of traffic, it's no wonder it ends up high.

I do understand though how people think that it's not a website about aspergers. Actually, my idea of website about aspergers would be something like this; a forum or a site with a plethora of information, and not one that artificially boosts up search engine results by crafting an informative text about a product through dropping the word Aspergers at least twice a sentence*. I do wonder if dead websites, that haven't been removed from the search database (ie. metadata removed) do show up and if they're all sites that have an active thing going on.

*I did not check if that's actually true
  7. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

AC was listed in number 36, hence the bold. I don't know why the only link that works is for the Global Autism Collaboration. Anyway, the original article provides links for all websites listed.
  8. Droopy

Droopy Founder & Former Admin Staff Member V.I.P Member

I checked the original article and 36 isn't AC. You sure it was on it?
  9. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

What the hell!? They must've changed it. I'm 100% sure about this one. When I read the article, Chrome had the link on the 36th item Asperger's Syndrome Forum on that page on a different color as if I had been on said website forum previously. I, then, checked it. I got directed here. Now that you mentioned it, I see that the link leads to another forum.

The only thing I can say right now is I shall have my revenge. I won't post anything from My Aspergers Child again. I bet they never saw this one coming.
  10. BruceCM

BruceCM New Member

Seems to be psych forums now, for me! Odd.