• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today I am grateful for....... Today I want to work on.......

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR: Warmer weather and the air conditioner.

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: Getting the Christmas tree down by next week. Or at least by July. (There is a thing such as Christmas in July
so the situation could we worse, right?) [I just ran out of the room screaming.]

I am grateful for a sunny day

I want to work on less procrastination more doing, I am planing on fixing an oil leak.

Today I woke up 5 am because I had nightmares, flashbacks of bad events of my past. I couldn't sleep back. I felt really bad, and thought I would have a bad day.

But then I realised that my present is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than my past, I'm glad that's over. It made me thankfull for the good things in my life, for the things I can improve, make, know, for the few good people I've met and talked.

Today I'm grateful that I don't necessarily *need* a job at the moment, though I want to work on opening a bank account and finding ways to make money online without having to go through any kind of official interviewing process for a job because I always screw those up. Basically, today I want to work on getting my life together without forcing myself into situations I can't deal with.

Today I'm grateful because my friend Charlie called me up. I believe he has Aspergers and told him. He's sensitive and kind like most here. I'm also grateful that I got to see a picture of a Blue Russian Cat online tonight ;)

I am grateful for having a few friends at college who understand me more.

I want to work on trying to be nice to everyone, even if they are horrible to me. At least they have nothing to complain about. I need to know when not to say something, that may hurt other people's feelings, and try not to perceive a small situation massive. Also if someone is ignoring me, I'll try not to get so wound up about it.

But other people need to realize that the environment that they would feel relaxed, is not the same environment as what I would feel relaxed. I feel in college there needs to be social order, and I am always picking at imperfections, as aspies are known to be perfectionists and above-average intellect. I often spend too much time on one piece of coursework and trying to get it right. I can often spend too much time on writing a letter because I want it to look perfect.

Today I'm grateful for having this thread and website to come to. When I'm humble here, I can start to examine my personality flaws. And try to change and become a better Avatar, uhm person.

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR: Warmer weather and the air conditioner.

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: Getting the Christmas tree down by next week. Or at least by July. (There is a thing such as Christmas in July
so the situation could we worse, right?) [I just ran out of the room screaming.]

Ya know Angela, if you wait just a little longer it will be next christmas season again. Save the 2 hours of your life, and jut leave it up :)

Right now I am extremely grateful someone on campus has milkshakes cause I accidentally just ate chili!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!! I hate spicy food. And 1L I water did not kill the spiciness but the milkshake is doing nicely.

Today, I am grateful for finding this website.

Today, I want to work on not obsessing about how I can never sit through a sporting event. My dad doesn't anyway (he often sleeps through most of it! :p).

Today i am grateful for going to the dentist and the doctor telling me my teeth don't need any crazy work done to them.I need to work on just sucking it up and doing the work i need to get done for work and school.

Today I am grateful for having the best art teacher in the world.

Tomorrow I want to work on paying attention in class.

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR: I made a new friend!!!!!!! He's very nice and we have a lot in common. So now I have 3 friends!

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: My exercise regimen again. I'm starting a new diet (actually supposed to think of it as a way of life), but it's cutting out my 2 glasses of wine before bed (crap) I'm only allowed 3 glasses of wine a week (I don't think the guy that wrote the book knows how to add - there should be a 1 in front of the 3), I can't have my crunchies that I put on my salads, and I also can't have very many condiments. I love condiments. I live for condiments. I'm reading the book now - it's called The Shred. I guess we'll see.

Today I am grateful for my mother who always provides me with helpful advice.

Today I want to work on finding better things to do. I'm in such a rut.

I always thought the root word of grateful was GREAT. LOL.
I am grateful today for:
Accepting my shortcomings, and realizing that time and tears are the painfully necessary currency that one must pay to receive the equity of accomplishment.

What I need to work on:
Taking a DEEP breath,relaxing, turning down the anxiety knob, accepting the now, not berating myself for failures, and thanking myself for accomplishments. Dont forget to breath "Just keep swimming" Dory the fish.

I no doubt have some stuff on my mind today... But whats new.

In the spirit of the Autism Awareness vibe, today I'm grateful for simply being me :)

GRATEFUL FOR: Having been born in the best country, in the best state, in the best city, to the best family, at the best time.

WORK ON: Using emoticons more. :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom