• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Marriage Question

I would marry my wife all over again a thousand times. But she is literally the only person I've ever met that I would marry. She is the one perfect woman for me. I honestly believed that I'd die single, but then she came along and I couldn't be happier. We have fought a good bit, but only ever with communication issues. We are I'm agreement with the bigger things of life.

As much as my husband and I have trouble communicating sometimes, I feel I would only ever marry him. I'm not sure I could ever be with anyone but him, he resonates with my soul (yes, I know, blegh lol).

Oh and my hubby is NT, although he has issues with anger (not physical and almost never verbal, he internalises) and panic attacks. The poor dude has issues too. I think that's what helps us in the end, we both know that the other has issues, whether or not we're on the spectrum. We're also just people.

At times it is so hard and I was more then happy to die alone before I met my fiancee. Now I can't think of spending my life alone. In a way I miss it but now I know what love is I refuse to live without him.

Oh and my hubby is NT, although he has issues with anger (not physical and almost never verbal, he internalises) and panic attacks. The poor dude has issues too. I think that's what helps us in the end, we both know that the other has issues, whether or not we're on the spectrum. We're also just people.
And humans are SO flawed!!!!!

I would do some couples counseling early in to reduce the likelihood of future resentments. Couples therapy generally goes pretty well if you do if early on, but can be quite the nightmare if you wait until years of issues have developed. It sounds like you have a lot of awareness, which is great! However, be wary of putting everything on yourself. Your partner will bring his/her own issues to the relationship as well:).

I would marry him all over again in a heartbeat! He probably has AS too(people who diagnosed our daughter said he was very aspie like) but he doesn't see the point in getting diagnosed (he's already diagnosed bi-polar). We get on so well, we have almost the same interests, likes/dislikes, opinions on stuff, we can have in depth conversations on everything whilst enjoying a game of left 4 dead or we'll be laughing so much over something we are nearly crying. He accepted my quirks and I accepted his (before either of us was diagnosed), we very very rarely argue in nearly 10 years of marriage we've only had 2 full blown arguements the rest just disagreements over minor things that were resolved within minutes without any ill feeling. The only time we had a rough patch was the year between when I moved in with him and when we got married, his eating disorder became worse, he was suicidal and his moods were all over the place, one day he was fine and we could maybe have a joke and just suddenly he would be so depressed he would just sleep all day for days on end. Eventually he got some help and was diagnosed with bi-polar put on meds and it completely levelled out his moods, by the time I had our daughter he was so much happier and we worked on his eating disorder and he improved a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom