• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The hidden bookmarks menu

tazz

V.I.P Member
Just a minor point but I accidentally discovered a hidden Bookmarks link today. Only visible when I hover the mouse cursor over it. Wondering if there's a setting in the forum software that needs to be changed, and how many other menus are hidden, or is it just me?

Here's the menu when I drop down the profile icon thingy:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 10.34.22.png

And here's the Bookmarks link (next to "Your account") which I stumbled upon:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 10.34.30.png

If you look very closely, you can see that the bookmark tab is still there in the first picture (I can click on it on my end), but the name is written in white, so it's almost impossible to see against the light gray background. If you then click on it, the "your account" tab is written in white, so as you say, it's probably just a minor design error. I tested this using my phone. Do you think this is fixable @Satal?

Screenshot_2023-04-28-09-46-59-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

@tazz
Don’t you really feel like an insider now with access to the secret features?

:smilingimp: (Kidding)

I discovered this by accident, too.

1682679683525.jpeg

Don’t you really feel like an insider now with access to the secret features?
It did occur to me that this would be an interesting experiment for any "user experience" developers out there. Purposely hide some neat features and make it something like an easter egg hunt to find them. Obviously that goes against every principle of good design - but this is a site for those with autism... I can't imagine the principles of good design were developed with us in mind :p

An amusing observation given those of us who use browser extensions like "Dark Reader". Where the "Bookmarks" link is always visible without having to do a "mouseover". Though when I turn off the extension, the glitch appears as has been mentioned in this thread.

Looks to me like a minor event handler error from the developer's end. I suppose it could be reported to Xenforo...for future concern with the next version.

Bookmarks Link,jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Um, no. Did someone give you the impression they were?

Doesn't really matter. I just don't see anyone on the staff actually going into the code to try to fix it. Though hopefully the developers (Xenforo) have such a minor glitch logged for a fix in the next update or version. That's all.

Last edited:
@Judge Fair point. What can I say... Two pixels outa place and my brain starts doing backflips. Autism, sometimes you just gotta go where it takes you. :D

I never noticed the bookmarks feature before. Now that I look for it, I can see the bookmark button on the forum, media, and blog sections. That looks like a pretty handy feature.

New Threads

Top Bottom