• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Teddybears and stuffed animals?

Here are my current favorite plushies. :) I actually have a collection of them at this point, but these are the ones that go places with me and are more "my friends" than the others.

They're mostly on the small side, so I can carry them with me easily in my pockets or a bag. :) I also like the sort of "fuzzy" texture that the Disney Tsum Tsums have...they feel like the inner lining of a well-worn hoodie. I also like how they fit in one's hand, so they're easily to pet or squeeze when you want to discreetly stim with something soft and warm. The Dumbo Tsum Tsum (the one to the left of the sleeping one) actually helps me sleep when I hold him in my hand. Oh (the purple alien near the back) helps me sleep when I tuck him under my chin. I've had Babs (the chicken) and the dolphin since I was a kid.
awesome collection, i have a faviroute teddy that i take with me when travelling to other countries, he's been all over :)

I have my baby doll I've had since I was a year old and a stuffed wolf I got at a Chicago Wolves game when I was eight. Wolfie is important to me because on the trip I got him, somehow my parents forgot the suitcase with all of my clothes, my baby doll, and my baby blanket. I was pretty sad and depressed that whole trip. Getting Wolfie made me feel a little better.

I used to have a toy baby doll with a soft body and plastic legs and arms made by a spanish company I forgot the name of. I got it when I was four or five. I think the doll was meant to be a girl doll but to me, it was genderless. I chose to call it baby Avon after the cosmetics company, just because I liked the sound of it. My mum kept trying to make me change it to a 'normal' name. I had the doll until my ex made me throw it away, I wish I hadn't now.

OK. I admit it. I sleep with a monkey named Roger. Just feels comfy for some reason. My daughter found out I slept with curious George and Snoopy when I was a kid so she gave me her monkey to sleep with. Whenever she wants to provoke a wrestling match with me she will threaten to harm Roger so I end up having to wrestle with an 11 year old to protect him.

I used to have a toy baby doll with a soft body and plastic legs and arms made by a spanish company I forgot the name of. I got it when I was four or five. I think the doll was meant to be a girl doll but to me, it was genderless. I chose to call it baby Avon after the cosmetics company, just because I liked the sound of it. My mum kept trying to make me change it to a 'normal' name. I had the doll until my ex made me throw it away, I wish I hadn't now.

Just out of curiosity, was it by any chance a doll from "Famosa?" That's a Spanish doll/toy company still in operation, I think.

I Have a unicorn who does unicorn farts eg rainbows BECAUSE HE IS FABULOUS DARLINGS
he is a drag queen when am out the house he dresses up he is pink and purple with a white sparkly horn
i take him with me when i feel scared or upset
But my husband thinks its childish to take it with me all the time

I Have a unicorn who does unicorn farts eg rainbows BECAUSE HE IS FABULOUS DARLINGS
he is a drag queen when am out the house he dresses up he is pink and purple with a white sparkly horn
i take him with me when i feel scared or upset
But my husband thinks its childish to take it with me all the time
That sounds awesome

I never had a soft toy that I cuddled. I do have a koala bear that belonged to my grandmother. She died 21 years ago and I chose him as a memento. He lives at my parents house. I'm there a lot (in fact I'm writing this from my bedroom at their house) and looking him.

I have two real fluffy dogs and five not real but wish they were minions. Go fluffy cuddly huggy things. Sometimes I can't hug my kids it's so frustrating but my dogs are always good for a squeeze.

I have my beloved weighted plush frog, Autis to snuggle with! I do indeed believe this to be a sensory thing for me, but it's also a sort of comfort I need as well on a daily basis. I tend to attach more easily and feel love more easily for inanimate objects, like stuffed animals, than I do people or real animals. Below is an image of Autis. :)

gTlhX3R.jpg

I have two, I've had My Koala since I was about seven (30 years) and a dog, brownie I got before I could remember. I sleep with them every night and have a really hard time without them. Boyfriends initially think it's cute until they realize I'd rather cuddle with my stuffed animals than them at night... Ah such is life lol

Have you a teddy or stuffy to snuggle with at night, or when life gets a bit overwhelming? Does this seem to be a sensory comfort for you? Does the stuffy need to be a certain size, plushness, material, gender, style, "character," or weight?

Does having a stuffy which meets your sensory needs help you cope?

Uh... asking "for a friend." ;)

Yes.

They have to be soft and squishy to be a sensory comfort, but they can be whatever to be an emotional comfort.

I did have some animals that were given to me but never got anything out of them or slept with them. I would sleep with toy cars, trucks, trains, other gadgets, or whatever my Lego creation of the time was.

These days I primarily sleep with favorite books or handheld games. If I have the room I've slept with guitars before.

I must have about 200 or more. Especially close to a few. They are my only friends. They have been the emotional closeness I’ve needed when I never got it. They were my only friends and “help”

before I got my kitten (living stuffy!), I periodically relied on a fluffy micro-fiber-y moose, affectionately named Morton.

he stood guard on my bed during the day, but I would only cuddle him in times of great distress or sadness. he was very plush and soft and was therefore good for squeezing... and for catching and soaking up any errant tears. he was also moderately sized (probably 10-12 inches tall? but since he's plush he didn't stand up straight, he slouched), and I always liked how he was sort of cartoonish. his head was disproportionately larger than his body..... especially when compared to a real moose.

.... I realize now that I'm using the past tense, as if Morton went off to stuffy heaven or something. he's still around, but I had to stash him in the closet because the kitten likes to eat him. :)

View attachment 19975
I want your moose..so cute

Here are my current favorite plushies. :) I actually have a collection of them at this point, but these are the ones that go places with me and are more "my friends" than the others.

They're mostly on the small side, so I can carry them with me easily in my pockets or a bag. :) I also like the sort of "fuzzy" texture that the Disney Tsum Tsums have...they feel like the inner lining of a well-worn hoodie. I also like how they fit in one's hand, so they're easily to pet or squeeze when you want to discreetly stim with something soft and warm. The Dumbo Tsum Tsum (the one to the left of the sleeping one) actually helps me sleep when I hold him in my hand. Oh (the purple alien near the back) helps me sleep when I tuck him under my chin. I've had Babs (the chicken) and the dolphin since I was a kid.
Is that babs from chicken run? I loved her from the movie for several years! The knitting aspect appealed to me for some reason

I don't take a Teddy to bed (would much rather take a human female but I'm still single!) but I do take a warmed up wheat bag (2 and half minutes on full in the Microwave).

New Threads

Top Bottom