• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TEA TIME!

Grumpy Cat

What's your favorite tea? When do you drink your tea? What do you like to add to your tea? Share a picture of your tea sets!

Me first.
I mainly love all green teas as black teas are bolder in taste and lead to tummy problems like heartburn. That being said, my favorite tea is Jasmine Pearl green loose leaf tea. I usually add some natural low cal sweetener - I wonder if honey would be better. Hmm. I'll usually drink tea in the evening while watching a nice British show or while knitting and listening to the radio. I have a couple different tea pots, but I love my china set (made in England - not China :) which makes my tea taste a whole lot better!). It's so cute and even uses a tealight candle for warming. I also highly recommend a tea cozy! (Why should your teapot be naked and cold?) Here's my tea set (isn't it girly?) I just love it!

image.jpg

Unfortunately, lately my tummy has been acting up and giving me problems so these teas have become my new "go-to teas".

image.jpg

image.jpg

:( No English china can make these teas tasty. I can barely stomach them! (Pun intended :p)

Last edited:
Angie, I love you for creating this thread. And I love that pretty tea set! :D

I love tea of all kinds and enjoy trying ones I've never had before, but I'm probably most fond of greens. Right now I have fresh sencha at home. I don't get to buy loose leaf tea often, but on a recent trip to a spice shop my family likes, I was allowed to buy a new batch of tea since we're running low.

I might actually make some in a minute. I'm downstairs in the kitchen gargling warm salt water to try to help my sore throat.

I love tea too. I usually have a couple after waking up and one after supper. My favourite is rooibos tea with milk and honey. I prefer adding honey, but will use brown sugar if there isn't any. Sometimes I do drink standard tea, but the precise name of the leaves, I'm not really sure of. I just drink it in a mug, instead of a tea cup. No girly tea sets for me. :p

When it gets cold here, that's when I look forward to having two cups of Plantation Mint tea each day. :)

I love all teas, but my favorite would probably have to be hibiscus tea. I have a tolerance and appreciation for more bitter teas (which I also drink a lot), but I use hibiscus tea to make a really tasty ice tea that I drink a few times per week. Plus, it also doesn't hurt that there are peer-reviewed studies that having it a few times per week measurably reduces blood pressure.

I love tea too. I usually have a couple after waking up and one after supper. My favourite is rooibos tea with milk and honey. I prefer adding honey, but will use brown sugar if there isn't any. Sometimes I do drink standard tea, but the precise name of the leaves, I'm not really sure of. I just drink it in a mug, instead of a tea cup. No girly tea sets for me. :p

I'm sure they have "boy" tea sets too - I bet they're even in blue! My Aspie friend likes tea sets (only ones made in England, of course). It's not just a "girl thing". :)

When it gets cold here, that's when I look forward to having two cups of Plantation Mint tea each day. :)

I gotta admit, Judge, I'm really getting to where I hate mint tea. Do you add anything to make it more tasty? Do you drink it for your GERD? (Mint tea is a natural tummy relaxer.)

I gotta admit, Judge, I'm really getting to where I hate mint tea. Do you add anything to make it more tasty? Do you drink it for your GERD? (Mint tea is a natural tummy relaxer.)

Just powdered sugar, nothing else. Mostly just drink it for the flavor. With each packet I always smell the strong mint aroma as soon as I open it. Just one of those simple things in life I appreciate.

I like other teas, but they are likely to be more acidic at times...not good for my GERD. One thing for sure though, I only drink any and all hot beverages on a seasonal basis.

New Threads

Top Bottom