• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Superstition & Creepypasta

Riley

I again ask the time-honored question: Is creepypasta real? And if ot, how do they fake the pictures and videos so well?

See, I'm VERY easily frightened if the fear in question involves me getting killed/haunted/driven insane/other. So over the years, I lost sleep to the occasional internet campfire story. I'm also highly superstitious.

I had a nightmare once about The Rake attacking me in the woods by my house. It was so bad I thought I actually WAS attacked and just didn't remember. Couldn't bring myself to tell anyone for a while. Not just because my brother would've insisted it was real.
My personal belief is that even SAYING the name of a creepypasta monster will summon it into existence. Same goes for watching gameplay or reading about it.

In fact, I believe reading about/talking about things like the Apocalypse, Rapture, or tornadoes will cause it to happen.

I haven't read all of the stories, but I know many of them are fake. For example, Slender man is definitely fake, just photoshopped pretty well. I think the rest of them are mostly rehashed urban legends and old ghost stories.
That being said, I'm not at all superstitious. The right story gets under my skin as well though, especially when I'm home alone. these stories use basic human fears to get to you.

Definitely fake, but then I don't go in for any type of superstition or whatever. I happily put my calendar up before January 1st, walk under ladders, say bloody Mary 3 times.

I mean, slender man even has a game and I believe a film is in the works? So yeah, make of that what you will I suppose.

I mean, slender man even has a game and I believe a film is in the works? So yeah, make of that what you will I suppose.
Yeah, Slenderman's creator got a pretty good deal out of a simple photoshop contest.

Honestly it doesn't bother me whether they're real or not, because I have the spectacular ability of being completely unaffected by scary stories. Jump scares still surprise me, but that's more of a reaction than anything. I always think, "Even if they're real, what the hell are they gonna do to me?"
Like slenderman for instance, what's to be afraid of? He's a tall, lanky dude with no face, a suit and octopus tentacles growing out of his back. I don't care if he can teleport or whatnot, I'd still kick his ass the second he showed his pasty white face. I've met people who are much more terrifying than that.
In terms of them driving me crazy, I already have sociopathic tendencies, how much worse can I get?
For instance, once when I was 10 we had a school camp at a farm in the middle of no where. The boys were sleeping in two houses, right next to each other. All of the popular boys and jocks in one, all of the other boys (Including me) in the other. After a full day of ghost stories and a campfire(complete with a story about a skeleton that walked around the farm at night) everyone else was terrified and took hours to get to sleep.
One boy for some reason had a skeleton hoodie, complete with mask. He had the brilliant idea of sneaking into the cabin I was in in the middle of the night through an window that wouldn't lock. Anyway, at about 2am I woke up for no aparent reason(I'm a really light sleeper, I always wake up when someone moves within like 4 metres of me) and, wondering what was up, went over to the window.
Skeleton kid was in the shadows behind me and I hadn't noticed him, so he sneaked up on me and let out your typical creepy moan and ran his fingers across the back of my neck(that sounds like bad fanfic but whatever). Instead of jumping, I swung around, grabbed his arm and punched him in the face. I then said, "I am way too tired to deal with this right now." Then let go of him and went back to bed.
Honestly, I thought he was a living skeleton, it's just that my first thought was basically, "****, now I have to deal with a skeleton trying to kill me. Better get this over and done with." Not sure why, but that's how I've always dealt with situations like this. I just accept the craziness and think of how best to deal with it.

Honestly it doesn't bother me whether they're real or not, because I have the spectacular ability of being completely unaffected by scary stories. Jump scares still surprise me, but that's more of a reaction than anything. I always think, "Even if they're real, what the hell are they gonna do to me?"
Like slenderman for instance, what's to be afraid of? He's a tall, lanky dude with no face, a suit and octopus tentacles growing out of his back. I don't care if he can teleport or whatnot, I'd still kick his ass the second he showed his pasty white face. I've met people who are much more terrifying than that.
In terms of them driving me crazy, I already have sociopathic tendencies, how much worse can I get?
For instance, once when I was 10 we had a school camp at a farm in the middle of no where. The boys were sleeping in two houses, right next to each other. All of the popular boys and jocks in one, all of the other boys (Including me) in the other. After a full day of ghost stories and a campfire(complete with a story about a skeleton that walked around the farm at night) everyone else was terrified and took hours to get to sleep.
One boy for some reason had a skeleton hoodie, complete with mask. He had the brilliant idea of sneaking into the cabin I was in in the middle of the night through an window that wouldn't lock. Anyway, at about 2am I woke up for no aparent reason(I'm a really light sleeper, I always wake up when someone moves within like 4 metres of me) and, wondering what was up, went over to the window.
Skeleton kid was in the shadows behind me and I hadn't noticed him, so he sneaked up on me and let out your typical creepy moan and ran his fingers across the back of my neck(that sounds like bad fanfic but whatever). Instead of jumping, I swung around, grabbed his arm and punched him in the face. I then said, "I am way too tired to deal with this right now." Then let go of him and went back to bed.
Honestly, I thought he was a living skeleton, it's just that my first thought was basically, "****, now I have to deal with a skeleton trying to kill me. Better get this over and done with." Not sure why, but that's how I've always dealt with situations like this. I just accept the craziness and think of how best to deal with it.

You have an awesome brain. The only thing mine is wired for is "Fear", "Anger" "Dirty Thoughts", "Bad Memories", "OCD", and other useless stuff.
I AM armed with a baseball bat, golf club, tennis racket, AND a katana I got from my sister's husband. They even said Slendy was the reason I bought the first three.

I laughed uncomfortably hard at your bad fanfic remark, thank you for that!

New Threads

Top Bottom