• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Successful date

clackedions

Sometimes I'm 50/50 on believing I have asperger's, but such TERRIBLE dates with people, like last night's TERRIBLE date really serve to emphasise my social incompetence, forcing me to retreat into the asperger's box, a comfort zone as it were, encapsulating and justifying all my unusual, girl repelling behaviours.

As I am still awaiting diagnosis (or not), there is the possibility that I am the metaphorical cuckoo sitting in the aspergic bird's nest [as in unwelcome],I would just tend to relate and apply last night's events to my understanding of asperger's as a means to justify my inexplicably sh** rapport with anyone I am interested in. =)

You AS status is listed as officially diagnosed... might wanna change that if you haven't been checked out yet. (Sorry, bit of a compulsive tendency...)

So, um, bad dates... I would suggest being a bit more prepared. Obviously you are going to have your AS tendencies show while you are with someone. Don't even TRY to hide it. What you want is to find someone who likes you the way you are, so you need to look for AS sympathetic people. I know you want the hot blonde on the cheerleading team, but those plastic toys belong to the captain of the football team. It's all about looking for what matches. You can't easily tell how mature a person is by what they wear, but that is why we AS folk have to go against our social norms and meet people. =(

New Threads

Top Bottom