• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Structure Journal - For Simplicity's Sake

Nega Rark

Thanks in advance. Hi guys, is it okay if I start a day-to-day journal here for my progress in re-establishing a structured life?

Recently I discovered I have been Autistic my whole life. I'm 23 now. Pre-diagnosis life makes a lot more sense now. Some Aspie traits, like obsession, but other times very Low-Functioning.

One thing I'm really good with is Excel, and planning, when I clear my head from the substance abuse I used to do to block reality. So I want to start journals of my day planning again, and doing it on here I think I could get feedback from people with similar interests.

Just opening the thread now. Does anyone have suggestions how I can do a progress journal? Thanks in advance.

Maybe you should start outlining days in chunks of what you do. Keep it really simple at first. You have a job? Go to college? Any other obligations? Have structure when you go to bed? When you wake up? Guess that's a start.

Maybe you should start outlining days in chunks of what you do. Keep it really simple at first. You have a job? Go to college? Any other obligations? Have structure when you go to bed? When you wake up? Guess that's a start.

Well I've got mail/paperwork, 4 hrs a week.
Unemployed with benefits so need 3 hrs a week at the DOL.
Exercise - I like to ride my bike, do pushups and pull-ups
Guitar - I want to get a headphone-set for my amp on my electrical guitar, then I could practice with full sound-isolation, and headphone splitters to mux-in a metronome and a visualizer like John Elder Robison
Time in nature - I have a volunteer gig I could take back up for 8-12 AM or 12-4 PM some days
Starbucks - Id like to sit there once a week, get a decaf iced, and do some self-teaching (illustration or writing or music)
Beach time
Food shop and prepare meals for the next 3 days - This will help I get very confused deciding what and when to eat.

Lying with my eyes closed listening to music. Every night. That's a new thing. TV is too visual for me and I get lost, especially at night. Last night I stumbled upon just lying there with some music on.

I'll start with bed time and wake-up time. Lie down at 9PM with a couple hours of music lined up. Eventually need to burn CDs andor set up my iPod so I don't leave my laptop on four hours

Well I've got mail/paperwork, 4 hrs a week.
Unemployed with benefits so need 3 hrs a week at the DOL.
Exercise - I like to ride my bike, do pushups and pull-ups
Guitar - I want to get a headphone-set for my amp on my electrical guitar, then I could practice with full sound-isolation, and headphone splitters to mux-in a metronome and a visualizer like John Elder Robison
Time in nature - I have a volunteer gig I could take back up for 8-12 AM or 12-4 PM some days
Starbucks - Id like to sit there once a week, get a decaf iced, and do some self-teaching (illustration or writing or music)
Beach time
Food shop and prepare meals for the next 3 days - This will help I get very confused deciding what and when to eat.

Lying with my eyes closed listening to music. Every night. That's a new thing. TV is too visual for me and I get lost, especially at night. Last night I stumbled upon just lying there with some music on.

I'll start with bed time and wake-up time. Lie down at 9PM with a couple hours of music lined up. Eventually need to burn CDs andor set up my iPod so I don't leave my laptop on four hours

Seems like you've got plenty of data to put in an Excel sheet even ;)

Hahaha! Thanks, I but am male!

Mmm.. well you've mentioned a problem with meal planning, which is addressed on the site. I've also used the same strategies and principles that are recommended on that site for managing "women's work" quite successfully for streamlining practices in my workplace, helping work colleagues to improve their time management skills and also when implementing change in the workplace.

New Threads

Top Bottom