• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strange Christmas gifts you want this year

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
This is sad, but I want a new trash can. I know some people can’t relate to wanting a trash can lol. I just want one because I’m always crafting and using the trash can. I feel silly.:p

This is sad, but I want a new trash can. I know some people can’t relate to wanting a trash can lol. I just want one because I’m always crafting and using the trash can. I feel silly.:p
Oooo! Maybe you could get a nice vintage style metal one that's painted a nice colour with a lid? You could even decorate it! Maybe some Hello Kitties on it? I do kinda understand why a trashcan would be exciting, with the projects I work on I always have off cuts that I have to put into the bin, but I only have a small bucket like trash can, a large one would feel like quite the luxury!

As for what I'm getting this year, my girlfriend got me a Panasonic 3DO, which is 1993s "must have" games console. Most people would probably wouldn't understand why I'm so keen on ancient technology and view it as strange, but I find things like that fascinating:)

1702099848428.gif

No, but for real, all I want is SBCs, dev boards and FPGAs.

Oooo! Maybe you could get a nice vintage style metal one that's painted a nice colour with a lid? You could even decorate it! Maybe some Hello Kitties on it? I do kinda understand why a trashcan would be exciting, with the projects I work on I always have off cuts that I have to put into the bin, but I only have a small bucket like trash can, a large one would feel like quite the luxury!

As for what I'm getting this year, my girlfriend got me a Panasonic 3DO, which is 1993s "must have" games console. Most people would probably wouldn't understand why I'm so keen on ancient technology and view it as strange, but I find things like that fascinating:)
That’s very kind of you. Thank you for the ideas. I am excited to get one this Christmas. I want some hello kitty stickers to make it look cute. I’m glad you enjoyed your 3DO!

That’s very kind of you. Thank you for the ideas. I am excited to get one this Christmas. I want some hello kitty stickers to make it look cute. I’m glad you enjoyed your 3DO!
I'm glad you are excited! :) Don't let anyone put your Christmas gift down and I for one would love to see a picture of it when you've decorated it! :) I will probably put some cat stickers on the 3DO when I get it. For now my girlfriend tells me it's in its way to the North Pole so that Santa can bring it for Christmas! :)

A Dreamcast controller and VMU, I hope we get a Dreamcast Fpga core next year.
Im guessing you have a MiSTer FPGA?

I'm glad you are excited! :) Don't let anyone put your Christmas gift down and I for one would love to see a picture of it when you've decorated it! :) I will probably put some cat stickers on the 3DO when I get it. For now my girlfriend tells me it's in its way to the North Pole so that Santa can bring it for Christmas! :)

Im guessing you have a MiSTer FPGA?

Yeah I’m a huge advocate of FPGA gaming, love the MisterFPGA :)

A drone. I'll be able to record my freehikes from above. I will try very hard to resist the urge to modify it to drop... things.

Noise cancelling headphones. I finally bit the bullet and decided to buy something I need.

The first set I tried to buy from Ebay but the seller was a scammer. I got a full refund and the scammer is now out of business but the experience wasn't helpful.

So then I went the other direction and ordered a set direct from Bose. They're supposed amongst the best you can get and I'm really looking forward to trying them out. Maybe I'll get the peace and quiet I desperately need. After spending many decades in the bush I'm very sensitive to the constant buzz and hum of a city and after 4 years instead of getting used to it I'm getting more and more sensitive to it.

I want a power auger so I can easily dig holes and plant hundreds of daffodil bulbs. I think hubby got one for me and it's already wrapped and under the tree. :D

I've started watching the Lilyhammer series on Netflix. Is that what the main character drives in the first few seasons?

You mean the yellow one? No, that's a Ferrari 348 GTB. Have you seen the episode with the swearing baby in the backseat with Steve Van Zandt? So funny :)

I've started watching the Lilyhammer series on Netflix. Is that what the main character drives in the first few seasons?
Oh wow! I watched the first season years ago and your post prompted me to search it up and there's another 2 seasons to watch! Steve Van Zandt is a revelation as an actor and that's on top of being an awesome musician. Seems a bit unfair to the rest of us lol! I'll enjoy watching them, you just gave me an early Christmas present there! :)

I would like my gift to be a desert island, away from unruly mean people. Maybe just one lane bridge to get there. And l would bring my friend who is also on the spectrum. He could have a whole floor to himself. Pipedream, but fun to think about.

I'm still on season 2. No swearing backseat baby so far.

Swearing babies are the funniest babies. Especially when they do it to Steve Van Zandt. That show was a good idea, New York mafia gangster hides in little Lillehammer, Norway. What could go wrong? :D

New Threads

Top Bottom