• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Storywriting

No hurries...I can understand having headaches/migraines from bad or old glasses--I get them, too. :) Whenever you get to them is cool, just please, let me know what you think--you don't *have* to sign up for the site (anonymous reviews are allowed, at least, by me)--but if you don't register, and review something there, please let me know it was you!! (So I know who to thank.) :)

Ok great! Yah I get really bad migraines anyway but with old glasses blah...so I haven't been reading as much as I would like. Sooo Yup as soon as I do I will let you know for sure. I just didn't want you to think I wasn't going to I am going to read them I just need my new glasses so that I can read longer. Sure thing. Well let me know if you have any more ideas I would love to hear them. I'm working on my own story writing down each characters personal story so that when I continue to work on the bigger story its kinda like it makes way more since how each character acts.

That actually sounds like a good idea--writing down each character's personal story so you have a better idea how they fit into the bigger, overall story. :) That's kinda the way I'm working with my book, but since a lot of the characters are real people, I'm not making as much up as someone who's working with an entire cast of "original" characters. :)

That actually sounds like a good idea--writing down each character's personal story so you have a better idea how they fit into the bigger, overall story. :) That's kinda the way I'm working with my book, but since a lot of the characters are real people, I'm not making as much up as someone who's working with an entire cast of "original" characters. :)

True...but still I think it helps because even if you don't have all original characters you can still get a lot out of even just outlining it. I find that since the characters from my stories are all mine and all have been around for so long that I find things out about them all the time. Names, Last names, personality traits. Or in my case a lot of my characters have to end up all together so its a lot of how did they get being all together their personal stories have a lot to do with how the act and react in conjunction with others.

True...but still I think it helps because even if you don't have all original characters you can still get a lot out of even just outlining it. I find that since the characters from my stories are all mine and all have been around for so long that I find things out about them all the time. Names, Last names, personality traits. Or in my case a lot of my characters have to end up all together so its a lot of how did they get being all together their personal stories have a lot to do with how the act and react in conjunction with others.

True enough....hey, FYI, I wrote a new chapter to my latest story, "Operation: To Fool A Hawke"--this one is written entirely from Caitlin's point of view (in first person, which makes it really weird, that I can write in the POV of a woman. Must be because I obsessed over the show (and the character of Caitlin) the two seasons she was on. :D

True enough....hey, FYI, I wrote a new chapter to my latest story, "Operation: To Fool A Hawke"--this one is written entirely from Caitlin's point of view (in first person, which makes it really weird, that I can write in the POV of a woman. Must be because I obsessed over the show (and the character of Caitlin) the two seasons she was on. :D
Oh you did good. I am picking new glasses out on monday so in few days I should be able to start reading more. Whee I am excited. Also FYI you can watch Airwolf on Netfilx. I was looking up shows and its there. I think its a great idea to do a story from specific POV's. It makes a story all that more cohesive when you know things about them.

Oh you did good. I am picking new glasses out on monday so in few days I should be able to start reading more. Whee I am excited. Also FYI you can watch Airwolf on Netfilx. I was looking up shows and its there. I think its a great idea to do a story from specific POV's. It makes a story all that more cohesive when you know things about them.

Cool...well, at least you'll have a couple of things to read when your new glasses come in. :) I'm not surprised that Airwolf is on Netflix, actually. :) Yeah, writing from specific POV's is fun...if you have a good grasp of the character. :) Looking forward to your comments whenever you get my stuff read. :)

Cool...well, at least you'll have a couple of things to read when your new glasses come in. :) I'm not surprised that Airwolf is on Netflix, actually. :) Yeah, writing from specific POV's is fun...if you have a good grasp of the character. :) Looking forward to your comments whenever you get my stuff read. :)
Great I'll let you know as soon as I get them read. I am gonna try to watch at least a couple of episodes before I read them so I have a better Idea. Ahhh yah if you have a good grasp of the character.

Great I'll let you know as soon as I get them read. I am gonna try to watch at least a couple of episodes before I read them so I have a better Idea. Ahhh yah if you have a good grasp of the character.

Episode recommendations--

Season 2 Premiere Sweet Britches--Hawke meets up with Caitlin O'Shannessy for the first time.

Season 2 The Truth about Holly--Caitlin returns and meets up with Hawke...and right off the bat, Cait and Hawke share a kiss (okay, it's at the behest of a movie director, but still...)

Fallen Angel--When Hawke and Santini are injured during a movie stunt, Hawke is forced to bring Caitlin onto the Airwolf crew, when it's revealed that Michael is a prisoner in East Germany

Season 3--

Horn of Plenty--Hawke is kidnapped by a ruthless billionaire who wants Airwolf for himself, and Caitlin makes a startling confession to Dom. (I've mentioned this one before..."Dom, don't do that to me. I care about him, too, you know. Probably more than you know."

Crossover--Hawke falls for a beautiful KGB defector that he's been assigned to protect--and Caitlin is decidedly unhappy about it.

Kingdom Come--Hawke and Dominic struggle to find a shipment of thermonuclear reactors--and, find Caitlin, who has been kidnapped.

Yes, there is a commonality with the eps I've recommended--they all feature Cait in one way or another, and in each one, there's evidence that she cared about Hawke as more than just a friend. (More so in the Season 3 episodes, but even in the S2 ones, it's there...just hidden a little more subtly.) ;)

Episode recommendations--

Season 2 Premiere Sweet Britches--Hawke meets up with Caitlin O'Shannessy for the first time.

Season 2 The Truth about Holly--Caitlin returns and meets up with Hawke...and right off the bat, Cait and Hawke share a kiss (okay, it's at the behest of a movie director, but still...)

Fallen Angel--When Hawke and Santini are injured during a movie stunt, Hawke is forced to bring Caitlin onto the Airwolf crew, when it's revealed that Michael is a prisoner in East Germany

Season 3--

Horn of Plenty--Hawke is kidnapped by a ruthless billionaire who wants Airwolf for himself, and Caitlin makes a startling confession to Dom. (I've mentioned this one before..."Dom, don't do that to me. I care about him, too, you know. Probably more than you know."

Crossover--Hawke falls for a beautiful KGB defector that he's been assigned to protect--and Caitlin is decidedly unhappy about it.

Kingdom Come--Hawke and Dominic struggle to find a shipment of thermonuclear reactors--and, find Caitlin, who has been kidnapped.

Yes, there is a commonality with the eps I've recommended--they all feature Cait in one way or another, and in each one, there's evidence that she cared about Hawke as more than just a friend. (More so in the Season 3 episodes, but even in the S2 ones, it's there...just hidden a little more subtly.) ;)

Great thanks for the tips! I hope you're writing is going well.

Great thanks for the tips! I hope you're writing is going well.

Going good...in fact, I just put up Chap. 3 of a little story arc based around the Horn of Plenty episode, called "Through My Eyes"--based from the POV of Dom, Caitlin, and Hawke (each gets their own chapter). Kinda fun to write. :)

Going good...in fact, I just put up Chap. 3 of a little story arc based around the Horn of Plenty episode, called "Through My Eyes"--based from the POV of Dom, Caitlin, and Hawke (each gets their own chapter). Kinda fun to write. :)
Sounds great I can start reading then. I finally got my new glasses wheee. So they each get their own chapter like a mini story of their own then???

Sounds great I can start reading then. I finally got my new glasses wheee. So they each get their own chapter like a mini story of their own then???

Basically, yeah. Each character recounts the "Horn of Plenty" mission from their own unique point of view...and has their own chapter. :) Enjoy!! Glad you got your new glasses, too--that's always a good thing!!! :)

Basically, yeah. Each character recounts the "Horn of Plenty" mission from their own unique point of view...and has their own chapter. :) Enjoy!! Glad you got your new glasses, too--that's always a good thing!!! :)

Sounds like you've worked pretty hard on this story. I love doing POV's (it always took me forever to figure out that Abbrivation when I was kid). Ahhh yah new glasses means not as bad headaches and more reading.

Sounds like you've worked pretty hard on this story. I love doing POV's (it always took me forever to figure out that Abbrivation when I was kid). Ahhh yah new glasses means not as bad headaches and more reading.

I originally only intended to do Dom's POV...but then, I thought...Caitlin's the one who said it ("I care about him, too, you know...probably more than you know.") So her POV needed to be in there...then I thought, Well, if I've done these two, I might as well do Hawke's, too. But, the weird part is, I've gotten more feedback on my "Caitlin POV" chapters/stories...does that mean I'm "in touch with my feminine side??" :skeptical:

I originally only intended to do Dom's POV...but then, I thought...Caitlin's the one who said it ("I care about him, too, you know...probably more than you know.") So her POV needed to be in there...then I thought, Well, if I've done these two, I might as well do Hawke's, too. But, the weird part is, I've gotten more feedback on my "Caitlin POV" chapters/stories...does that mean I'm "in touch with my feminine side??" :skeptical:

Nice face...but its not a bad thing...maybe so. But maybe it just means that you understand better or something?

Nice face...but its not a bad thing...maybe so. But maybe it just means that you understand better or something?

Could be, I dunno. Of course, it could also be just the fact that I know these characters (including Caitlin) so doggone well. :) Who knows?? :)

Could be, I dunno. Of course, it could also be just the fact that I know these characters (including Caitlin) so doggone well. :) Who knows?? :)

I think that's it. I think its just that you know them inside and out. I have been told that about my RENT fanfiction when I let a friend of mine read it (that was long ago and she told me it was way too sad too but...) she also told me that I was able to capture them just right in there persona. So maybe that is it. That you know them so well that you can just write from the heart and it works??

I think that's it. I think its just that you know them inside and out. I have been told that about my RENT fanfiction when I let a friend of mine read it (that was long ago and she told me it was way too sad too but...) she also told me that I was able to capture them just right in there persona. So maybe that is it. That you know them so well that you can just write from the heart and it works??

Heck, it works for me. Like I've said before, I was obsessed with the show. :D

LOVE IN ALL ITS HORROR

I am currently working on the first in a three-part series, based on real-life experiences.
Love In All Its Horror is about Horace Cranium, a teenager working a dead-end job.
His girlfriend, the flighty Zoe Williams, is eyeing up other men, and he goes to desperate measures to prove himself to her...
But when he is dumped, his world descends into chaos, he is threatened by the infamous Voice Of The Forest, and he winds up
discovering an awful truth about his father, who supposedly passed away eight months ago...

Love In All Its Horror is about Horace Cranium, a teenager working a dead-end job.
His girlfriend, the flighty Zoe Williams, is eyeing up other men, and he goes to desperate measures to prove himself to her...
But when he is dumped, his world descends into chaos, he is threatened by the infamous Voice Of The Forest, and he winds up
discovering an awful truth about his father, who supposedly passed away eight months ago...

This actually sounds intriguing, perhaps we can all get signed copies when you’re published, or at least can we see a few pages from one of the more enthralling chapters? Unofficially of course... as in no critiquing!

New Threads

Top Bottom