• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker

I've actually just watched a Nostalgia Critic video where he questions the notion that has going around the internet that the Prequel Trilogy is better than the Disney Trilogy.
I can't post it here as he drops a couple of swear words, but to put simply he says that with the sequel trilogy - due to it having multiple people at the helm and no clear goal of where it was going/what it was doing - it felt more disjointed and lacked unity film to film, as evidenced by Last Jedi retconning parts of The Force Awakens and then Rise of Skywalker then retconning parts of The Last Jedi in turn.
In comparison, the Prequels - while certainly having a lot of flaws but still plenty of good elements to them - were all done under one individual's vision; that been George Lucas. As such, there was a clear beginning, middle and end of the trilogy that fitted altogether and flowed together well - even with the bad dialogue.

On top of that, the Prequels felt like something that was made because the people making it had a passion for this project they were working on. The Sequels felt like something that was made just because it would make money with little heart/passion behind it.
Finally, when George made mistakes with his prequels (Jar Jar been a notable example), he took in the criticism, held up his hands up to take responsibility that he'd made a mistake and actually made an attempt to correct it (in the case of Jar Jar, toning down his comedy and reducing his time in the following movies). This is compared to the sequels where when the filmmakers made a mistake, it was almost a race to point fingers at who else to blame other than themselves - be it the other directors, fatigue, the actors or just flat out blaming the fans for whatever reason.
(Don't get me wrong, I know some fans can be nasty pieces of work but they are often the minority. Also, the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" should be a phrase Disney, Hollywood and TV/Movie services in general should be remembering right now considering how certain movies/shows that were big/well-known names in the past are bombing at the moment).

I have a question for y'all. My daughter and I are watching all the Star wars from episode 1 onward in a big marathon. Do you guys think that Solo and Rogue 1 are canon, or should I just skip them?

Completely up to you. Looking at this series like a three-course meal (Prequels = Starters, Original = Main Course, Sequels = Dessert), I'd say Rogue One and Solo are more like side orders; up to you to watch but not entirely necessary.

I've actually just watched a Nostalgia Critic video where he questions the notion that has going around the internet that the Prequel Trilogy is better than the Disney Trilogy.
I can't post it here as he drops a couple of swear words, but to put simply he says that with the sequel trilogy - due to it having multiple people at the helm and no clear goal of where it was going/what it was doing - it felt more disjointed and lacked unity film to film, as evidenced by Last Jedi retconning parts of The Force Awakens and then Rise of Skywalker then retconning parts of The Last Jedi in turn.
In comparison, the Prequels - while certainly having a lot of flaws but still plenty of good elements to them - were all done under one individual's vision; that been George Lucas. As such, there was a clear beginning, middle and end of the trilogy that fitted altogether and flowed together well - even with the bad dialogue.

On top of that, the Prequels felt like something that was made because the people making it had a passion for this project they were working on. The Sequels felt like something that was made just because it would make money with little heart/passion behind it.
Finally, when George made mistakes with his prequels (Jar Jar been a notable example), he took in the criticism, held up his hands up to take responsibility that he'd made a mistake and actually made an attempt to correct it (in the case of Jar Jar, toning down his comedy and reducing his time in the following movies). This is compared to the sequels where when the filmmakers made a mistake, it was almost a race to point fingers at who else to blame other than themselves - be it the other directors, fatigue, the actors or just flat out blaming the fans for whatever reason.
(Don't get me wrong, I know some fans can be nasty pieces of work but they are often the minority. Also, the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" should be a phrase Disney, Hollywood and TV/Movie services in general should be remembering right now considering how certain movies/shows that were big/well-known names in the past are bombing at the moment).

Completely up to you. Looking at this series like a three-course meal (Prequels = Starters, Original = Main Course, Sequels = Dessert), I'd say Rogue One and Solo are more like side orders; up to you to watch but not entirely necessary.

I used to hate the prequels. And now I love them. I even love Jar Jar. I used to despise him, and now hes'a one of my favorite characters. I look at the Gungans differently now. They seemed like idiots before, but actually, they have advanced technology and their society is very moral and upright. I have a theory that the original Naboo colonized the planet where the Gungans were natives, and they oppressed them and called them inferior. It's neat to see a Gungan become a senator on equal ranking with Queen Amidala in the Senate. Although I feel like there's this one commander in the Gungan army who seems very wise and cautious, and I would have rather had him serve as politician. Maybe Palpatine wouldn't have been elected to be the emperor.

I also appreciate Anakin more these days. Watching his rise, fall, and then redemption is very compelling. And then it breaks my heart to see the same thing befall Ben Solo, but he doesn't learn from the past. I see that so much in teenagers, they end up following in their parents' footsteps rather than taking their parents' advice to not go down that road.

Anyway, I just love star wars

I want to get my daughter some Star Wars novels, but I don't know where to start. There are so many. Does anyone know a good starting point?

Also has anyone read the Rise of Kylo Ren comics? I'd like to buy them, but at 16 dollars each, it's a bit pricey if they turn out to be no good.

New Threads

Top Bottom