• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something that's been bothering me (this may be a long post)

Reading through the responses, shows me who I am unable to work with other people. It is hard enough being me, than to cope with others, when all I would want to do, is be left in peace to do my work.
This is relatable and one of the reasons I prefer remote work, like the whole lunch thing where people gather - I much rather prefer sitting alone, not because I don't like my co-workers, but it is draining - and I have it on paper in my diagnosis report, in the section about workplace accommodations, something like - Kriss should not be required to take part in social interactions :)

I have always been brought up that you 'cannot trust your own shadow' when it comes to work. Work colleagues are not friends.

It's important to not let people walk all over you. It's good to have friends and it's nice to have friends at work. But you also have to keep friends and work seperate in some ways. And sometimes we all have to put our foot down and look after ourselves. Sometimes we have to simply tell people how it is and if they get miffed and upset, so be it. I think that's how we learn what kind of people we are dealing with.

For example, some people wouldn't sit inside in a warm cozy room drinking coffee and watching you work your butt off alone. And some people would.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom