• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So... Who Else Likes Reptiles?

Galaxy Freeze

I've always loved reptiles and... *GASP!* I don't care for dogs that much... To me, most of them are loud and annoying and I always seem to be attacked or stared at by them. I've met some okay ones though, but... Yeah, just not a dog-person.

I have a baby gopher snake named Xoey (Pronounced like "Zoey"), and I love her very much. She is so sweet and the perfect pet. I found her in my yard and we have tons of hawks so... I had no choice! I had always wanted a snake anyway. I've had her for about three years and she is very healthy. She's never bitten anyone, she is quite smart, and she is very happy in her new home (our yard is no place for a baby snake, she would've been gone in an instant). Even my mom think she's cute! And Mom doesn't care for snakes too much.

I used to have some lizards and one fire-bellied toad as well. I've always loved reptiles and amphibians, and I'll continue to have them for the rest of my life. I like cats too, but that's a bit off topic. Nice, quiet pets though.

So, do any of you like reptiles and/or do you have any?

(That picture is of Xoey, she's on my beanie, haha)

View attachment 2499

I love reptiles but have never had any, my mum wouldn't allow me to have one (she wouldn't allow a cat either and I love cats). Now that I have my own place I still can't have a reptile just yet. I have a very clingy/needy dog and she would get very upset/jealous of any other pet. Once she's gone we are getting a couple of snakes, I'd quite like a bearded dragon and maybe something else, so many to pick from.

My daughter loves reptiles too at her last birthday party we had lots of snakes, lizards and some meerkats and the shelter who brought them said we could have any of the reptiles for free so we'll be going to them as they actually care about them it's not about making money it's purely about re-homing to the right people.

I actually had a odd passion as a child that I would one day own the worlds first, lizard only, pet store.
Nothing but lizards as far as the eye could see, wall-to-wall and floor-to-roof. Weird huh?
The two main sellers I imagined, would have been geckoes and frill-neck lizards! :cute:

@Az83: That's so cool about those shelter pets! Yeah, I like how it's not all about the money, it's about what is best for their animals.

@Gomendosi: Hey, I used to think about things like that! I wanted to have a house full of snakes, haha!

Oh wow! That is so cool!

Kind of sucks how he's not letting you get a real snake though, is it because he is afraid of them or just doesn't like them?

Both kind of. He's not one for creepy-crawly animals and he doesn't want an animal in the room we sleep in =P

I have a home for a bearded dragon named Kyuubi, he's not my pet. If anything I'm his pet as I draw much needed attention and joy from him. I might feed him crickets and veggies but he feeds me hopes, dreams, and happy thoughts I had long since had.

I actually got him around the first of last month. He's doing great and growing like a weed. I'm not obsessed with him but he is now part of a developing routine.

Very pretty orange, yellow and brown colors on him too

I love reptiles: Alligators/Crocs, Komodo Dragons, Iguanas, Snakes and more.
I have had many Ball Pythons and hope to adopt a Boa when I complete the cage.:bounce:

New Threads

Top Bottom