• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skullgirls (Fighting Games)

Zidiane

Anyone here love video games, but fighting games in particular? I've attached myself to one specific game, Skullgirls. I'm one of the better known members of it's community, and I travel around going to tournaments. I've been to Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Connecticut, Boston, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and North Carolina playing in tournaments. I do pretty well too, though it's really hard being surrounded by so many shouting people on a stage with game sound blasting every which way.

Here's a couple short videos of me playing earlier this month:
I ended up getting 4th place out of 22. I unfortunately didn't win any prize money, but it was still a lot of fun.

Anyway, the game is really fun! There are a lot of interesting designs in the game, and the game feels really good once you get the hang of it. It's on PS3, 360, PC, and soon on PS4. Anyone here also play? Maybe not Skullgirls specifically, but even just fighting games?

Not really into these type of games but in the 90's I played Street Fighter, Mortal Komat, Virtual Fighter, Killer Instint, and Tekken

Not really into these type of games but in the 90's I played Street Fighter, Mortal Komat, Virtual Fighter, Killer Instint, and Tekken
All of those games have had new games released in the past few years. Ultra Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat 9 (10 is coming out), Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Killer Instinct (for Xbox One), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Tekken 7 coming soon). Also Street Fighter X Tekken happened. If you decided to maybe see what's happened since you last saw, those are all options for you. They're all easier to play since you've last played probably, too.

All of those games have had new games released in the past few years. Ultra Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat 9 (10 is coming out), Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Killer Instinct (for Xbox One), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Tekken 7 coming soon). Also Street Fighter X Tekken happened. If you decided to maybe see what's happened since you last saw, those are all options for you.
Most modern games don't interest me and I don't own a modern system. Also fighting games are not my type of games. However, I figure I would write the games I played since no one else wrote here yet.

Okay. Thank you for participating.

Also, people don't have to just participate just because. There are already places I talk about this game online, and a lot of people are involved in those conversations. I just wanted to see if anyone here was interested. If not, that's fine too.

Hmm. I know just about every fighting game series that has come out, and I've played most of them. Thank you for trying to put me onto a new series, though.

Most games I have on my 360 are fighting games... back in the day when I had a SNES I had nothing but fighting games either. HOwever I'm not up to date with new games and I'm not particularly interested in buying new consoles just so I can get into the newest games either. So my interest in them isn't that extreme I guess.

I'm more of a Mortal kombat player; always have been. I'm kinda excited for MKX, so I'll see if and when I'll get it.

I've given Skullgirls a try, and from what I've heard from people it's a pretty finetuned fighter, but back when it was free on Steam for a weekend... I don't know, it just felt a bit weird for me. Don't know what it was. Maybe I should give it another go sometime.

I don't play anything online though; I'm not much for fighting games on PC, and I have no interest to play on xbox live. I don't game there that much anyway.

For me fighting games are among the type of games I'm playing if I have friends over. Oh, the childish fun I had with my friend playing Virtua fighter 5 on that arena with the raft in the water... the many plunges either of us took, hah.

That's how fighting games were for me for a long time, l stayed playing them every now and then, and my family would get a street fighter game or a tekken game and just play occasionally. We'd boot it up when a friend came over or whatever, but that was it.

After Skullgirls though, I was completely taken over. I played every day, and when playing family wasn't enough I went online. It was weird at first for me to, but after trying every character I found one that clicked. Some thing that made it easier was focusing on one character. Oh, and there are probably two more characters since you last played, and another one is coming out this Tuesday (which will be free for 3 months... actually, big band is also probably still free).

Even if you cant get into the game play too much, I found the game had a really I threshing story mode, and was just about satisfied with the 15 dollars I spent after just that. But the story mode is on YouTube anyway, so there's that.

That's how fighting games were for me for a long time, l stayed playing them every now and then, and my family would get a street fighter game or a tekken game and just play occasionally. We'd boot it up when a friend came over or whatever, but that was it.

After Skullgirls though, I was completely taken over. I played every day, and when playing family wasn't enough I went online. It was weird at first for me to, but after trying every character I found one that clicked. Some thing that made it easier was focusing on one character. Oh, and there are probably two more characters since you last played, and another one is coming out this Tuesday (which will be free for 3 months... actually, big band is also probably still free).

Even if you cant get into the game play too much, I found the game had a really I threshing story mode, and was just about satisfied with the 15 dollars I spent after just that. But the story mode is on YouTube anyway, so there's that.

I've never ever played a fighter for the story mode.

The only reason I'm hooked to fighters is because of the choreographed combo-sequences and such. Granted, it wasn't that great back in the day, with the current games I find it quite spectacular.

Xiaoyu, Christie and Eddie are among my favorite characters in Tekken because of their fighting styles. So I guess that says something about what I'm looking for in such games.

Maybe I should give Skullgirls another try when it's on sale. Maybe I'll enjoy it more with a controller though... last time I played it was with a keyboard, and that's not really the best way to play such games I reckon.

I've never ever played a fighter for the story mode.

The only reason I'm hooked to fighters is because of the choreographed combo-sequences and such. Granted, it wasn't that great back in the day, with the current games I find it quite spectacular.

Xiaoyu, Christie and Eddie are among my favorite characters in Tekken because of their fighting styles. So I guess that says something about what I'm looking for in such games.

Maybe I should give Skullgirls another try when it's on sale. Maybe I'll enjoy it more with a controller though... last time I played it was with a keyboard, and that's not really the best way to play such games I reckon.
Fighting Game story modes actually have a lot of potential. Devs just usually never put the effort in. But sometimes they do, like Nether Realms with MK9 and Injustice (hands down by far best fighting game story modes ever). For me, when I play, knowing the basics of a character and why they are punching other characters in the face, and how they are capable of doing so, makes it easier for me to play and enjoy the game. Story mode also gives you a chance to play each of the characters for a bit to get used to them, and its good not having a ****** story going on while I do that.

As far as "the way characters fight" Skullgirls makes a lot of interesting and imo fun choices with character fight styles. First off, no two characters play alike, so there's no Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Dan/Sakura/Evil Ryu/Violent Ken/Shin Akuma with other similar but different Sagat/Sean/Oni/Gouken/etc. I actually picked up SG because of Cerebella, as I think a character beating other characters up with a set of hat arms is just amazing. Peacock is also one of the most universally loved characters playstyle wise, since she literally brings 50's cartoons to life from her mind and beats the opponent with them, and does things like drop anvils and pianos on peoples heads. There's also Ms Fortune, who is seemingly immortal and can take her head off and have it attack you while you fight the main body. There's just a lot of things you don't see anywhere else.

Also, yes, playing fighting games on a keyboard is weird. Some people manage it, but... I could never do it. But, yeah, it's only 15 bucks, not too expensive. And the sooner you get it the better, since the sooner you get it the more free characters you get. You missed the free periods for Squigly, Big Band, and the color packs, but Eliza, Beowulf, and Robo Fortune are still gonna be free. Eliza comes out in a couple days.

New Threads

Top Bottom