• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shawn, 57 from Sunny California :)

searchingforclues

(although California has apparently decided to have Winter this summer)

I'm self-diagnosed due to my sister's prodding. "Shawn," she said, "This explains EVERYTHING!"

Frankly I was worried about-- what if it didn't? but it turns out she's probably right. Not only do I have a lot of asperger ways of relating to people-- or not-- but I have a fat handful of the neurological issues that go along with it, as far as I can tell, anyway...

I'm a trans man (it's actually more complicated then that but that's the short version) an atheist, and a handful of other personality aspects that make me an oddball by mainstream standards. I really wonder how I would have managed if I'd been NT! Would I have suppressed my outsider aspects? That would have been yucky.

You sound just fine to me. The less time we worry about fitting in, the more we can enjoy being ourselves. Love who you are, and what you do. Life is too short my friend.
Those worth having, will see the good in you and accept you without conditions.

Welcome Shawn. No one is odd here, we are all unique yet all connected by this Aspie blessing or curse.

New Threads

Top Bottom