• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seeing the world in 2D vs 3D. How many dimensions do you see?

lalalexy

Lately I've been noticing more benefits of the gluten free diet I was prescribed. But there is a really odd one I wasn't expecting... It might be unrelated or sound crazy, but my world is more 3D then ever... when I used to walk down the street, There did not seem to be a relationship between the trees near and far- they visually looked closer but it was more like a movie. And now I can really see the spatial dynamics between everything, and how it's constantly changing... It's a bit like, "the bigger picture" and it has resulted in me not looking at the more specific details that NTs don't notice, asmuch.

I used to be able to see like that, but in the last ten or fifteen years my depth perception has just about went away. Now it's just like watching TV all the time.

I noticed something similar when I got my glasses. My depth perception was much more pronounced with the glasses than off. However, because of the slight magnification effect they actually hindered my depth perception somewhat and caused me to feel disoriented. As my brain adapted these effects became less noticeable and now it feels odd to be out and about without my glasses and unable to read signs in the distance.

New Threads

Top Bottom