• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Save me from the human race

pax

So today I had to go to a major shopping centre to pick up a watch I had repaired. Earlier I'd almost run into the back of a car that - despite a clear road behind me as far as the eye can see-, decided to hit the accelerator and scream up the outside lane and merge right in front of me, after his lane had actually run out. He then proceded to talk to his passenger with a new version of Auslan.

So on the way to the shopping centre, I had another car cut me off, and had some old duck on the way out of the lift walk across my feet (WTF) as she got out of the lift, tying herself up in my handbag in the process. I ended up running into the back of her heels. I'm not sure she even noticed.

So the shopping centre is really crowded and I'm starting to panic, but managed to pick up the watch and get out. On the way home I had to turn right across traffic, but figured I had time to do so, as the car coming the opposite direction was also turning and had to slow down. Except they didn't. I get a horn in my ear, and look in my rearview mirror to see the car fishtailing around the corner. It was this tiny red car driven by a grey haired lady, probably in her eighties, who'd possibly had one too many espressos. I gave her the bird. She proceeded to swerve all over the road behind for half a kilometre.

Must be the full moon.:confused:

Shopping centres are the worst!
No ... bad drivers are the worst!
Double whammy for you today :eek:
Cup of tea and some nice music for you ... and the good biscuits ;)

Nightmare at shopping centre! Well done on retrieving the watch though!As I read this,I kinda felt your pain-I can`t cope some days with driving,shopping,people.....so stressful it`s unreal.I took a walk in a bluebell wood yesterday;nauture is so soothing to me,til I got bit by a wood ant,a sour face from a woman with a dog,cos mine was running free and my back got burnt by the sun later that day in the garden! Still,it was kinder to the senses that your experience.Take care of yourself :)

There's definitely something going on, in my end of the woods too. It's rained for six weeks now, and counting. Weather hasn't gone above +5 C most days, usually this time of year I'm out planting and working in my garden as it's normally +15C. River's flooding everywhere and over a thousand people evacuated from their homes. People are acting strangely, roaring their cars and trucks around and I'm assuming it's the late spring. Waiting for the sun to come out through the ever-present blanket of clouds.

Going into a crowded mall was the last thing that I recalled which triggered a shutdown. Luckily that was a few years ago.

I haven't been in a mall for over a decade, I think. I shop online or local in my little town.

I remember pulling into a parking space and some jealous woman with her kid witnessing in the passenger seat, proceeded to try to run me over.

IOW I got the slot before she did, and she was mad at me for that, and proceeded to cuss me out and threaten to get me fired and jailed, but I just walked way from her and ignored her bluster, then she tried to run me over. she ducked around the corner too fast for me to get her license, however. :mad:

^^^when you've lived as long as I have, one eventually learns that just as soon as one thinks one has "seen it all," that something even crazier comes along, just as sure as shoot.

New Threads

Top Bottom