• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

review: frolicat,a toy for cats

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
dr2usn.jpg

mr shadow,chasing the laser.

i bought frolicat after reading about it in your cat magazine some months ago,and i told myself i had to get it,i forgot all about it but spotted it in pets at home the other day, had some spare money so i decided to treat mr shadow to a frolicat.

and wow,it has been one of the best purchases ive ever made, mr shadow enjoys it tremendously [thankyou thesaurus] and it keeps him focused and entertained,no longer do you need a laser pen which you have to focus on-you can use AC and let frolicat take over the laser shooting instead!

it shoots out a laser in a random pattern and you can alter the height it shoots it out at.
it has a automatic switch off after 15 minutes,but i think you could change that so that if you go out,you can turn on your frolicat safe in the knowledge that it will keep tiddles or marmaduke happy.
i rate it 9/10 and recommend it to anyone owned by a cat.

Are your cats able to relax after switching it off? I used to play with one of my cats with a laser pen, which he enjoys, but after I stop playing he's so hyper he'll attack my other cat.

Are your cats able to relax after switching it off? I used to play with one of my cats with a laser pen, which he enjoys, but after I stop playing he's so hyper he'll attack my other cat.
id say mr shadow is like your baby-he is quite manic after a laser session and he has quite a heightened look about him, i think because the laser triggers the cats predator mode,it fuels their adrenaline and fight or flight,so it takes a while for the stress chemicals in them to stabilize.

I haven't been able to find that one toothless, although I've been looking for it in my area for awhile. Have three toys similar to that, but not the laser, which they like the most.

images
Ball goes round, and one of my cats like to chase it.

images
This one is almost destroyed, a mouse that goes round, they played with this more as kittens.

images
One of mine likes this one, it's not all that interactive, they just crouch and watch it, and sometimes swipe at the mouse.

Glad Mr. Shadow likes his new laser.

Perhaps offer a few treats after?

Thanks for the review, toothless. I have 5 cats and any laser pointing I do gets quite tiring trying because it is a trigger pointer (like a gun)which takes a toll on the old trigger finger... plus trying to keep them all involved (not to mention the fact that laser pointers are difficult to find these days since people decided to point them at planes, eyes of unsuspecting people, etc). I think if I ever see it on sale I will get it for my kitties, I think they'd enjoy it.

Thanks for the review, toothless. I have 5 cats and any laser pointing I do gets quite tiring trying because it is a trigger pointer (like a gun)which takes a toll on the old trigger finger... plus trying to keep them all involved (not to mention the fact that laser pointers are difficult to find these days since people decided to point them at planes, eyes of unsuspecting people, etc). I think if I ever see it on sale I will get it for my kitties, I think they'd enjoy it.
Pet stores normally sell them aimed as cat toys.

It is difficult to get hold of them in Australia. They are classed as a weapon I believe.
hi fluffy-i love the cat in your avatar by the way,i always love seeing it-my family cat;biscuit is similar shes a maine coon cross. i have found the next toy up in the same frolicat range in australia:
Frolicat Dart - Frolicat Dart Interactive Pet Laser Toy
unlike mine it goes 360 degrees which is even better but its a bit more expensive ,64 dollars to be exact. the site says they have one left.

Thanks for the post, this looks awesome! Charlie hasn't been getting quite enough exercise lately because I'm not in shape enough even for the laser pointer... and Mr Katleya has been to busy with work. I don't want my baby to think we don't want to play with him anymore, he still brings us toys to play fetch (surely he is not the only one who plays fetch, has anybody else had cats like that?).

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom