• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resenting Society

Do any of you find yourselves resenting society for the standards it holds? I don't know, I just feel kind of bitter that society is forcing me into its standard of normality, punishing me when I do anything that contradicts that standard.

If you read many of my post you see how much I do. The hard thing for me because I'm starting a business, I need to reduce the resentment a little bit. My beef with society that I find most people are not original. Too many people wanting the same things in life and interest. I watched documentaries on human behaviors from the past and people are not much different than what they are today. There the gossip, trends, all the stuff I care less about. However, it seems these elements what make society for most people.

No, I feel compassion for their fear. While it is hurtful for me to be marginalized due to differences, I understand that the root of this societal avoidance is suspicion. Logic dictates that for survival, humans distance themselves and their offspring from those who behave in unpredictable ways. Heck, we aspies ourselves are quick to distance ourselves from those whose behavior unsettles us. My heart goes out to all of us who feel left out. It hurts so much to feel that I am "on the outside looking in." But, I understand why behavior may make many in society avoid those who are different.

I have long since come to peace with the fact that I'll never be fully allowed to be a participant in mainstream society. Most days, anyway.

I think it's a natural reaction to some extent for any extreme minority to resent the expected or demanded conformity of an extreme majority.

An abuse of mathematical logic to justify everyone conforming to a common social standard.

Last edited:
Yes. Quite often. Not only with my own issues, but several other issues as well. There is little to no flexibility in the world! Ya think as much as they whine and complain about us being rigid and unchanging, the rest of the world would at least focus on being a bit more malleable themselves. Pot calling the kettle black, I say.

Yes I do indeed! I have always hated following the norm. I get very agitated when someone says: well it is just like that, deal with it, when it is unreasonable! I think: but why, that is so wrong!

I live in France and recently, was in a sort of conversation with this English woman and she related how her two sons go to French school and were having to be in an English lesson and one of her sons, came home and complained that what his French teacher was asking him to do in English, was wrong ie bad English, but when he put the right English in, she had a go and told him to correct it. Mum said: do you want to pass your grades? Yes, of course! Well then, put up with it. I was so angry. When I related it to another (without mentioning names), she said: wise woman! I said: then I am very unwise, because I would demand to talk to this teacher. Also this is part why teens rebel because of stupid rules and that is how it is done!

To me, common decency seems to be: not the in thing or: you can say what the heck you want to another, because they have to find a way to buffer your rudeness!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom