• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Research on Autism-Friendly Post-Secondary Opportunities

JenSar

Hi all

I am a disability studies scholar/researcher at Emory University working a new project aimed at gathering information from the autism community on how to improve post-secondary experiences. The survey asks for information about post-secondary (i.e., in employment and institutes of higher education) experiences from the autism community as well as suggestions on improving these experiences for the community. Any autistic adult 18+ years of age living in the U.S. is eligible to participate. Below is my recruitment note. Let me know if you have any questions

Gathering Perspectives from the Autistic Community about Employment and Higher Education

Dr. Jennifer Sarrett from Emory University (IRB #00087911) is conducting a study aimed at developing strategies for creating autism-friendly, neurodiverse workplaces and institutes of higher education. If you identify as being autistic, live in the United States, and are at least 18 years of age you are eligible to participate. Participation includes a short (up to 30 minute) online survey about experiences in the workforce and/or with higher education (i.e., colleges/universities, vocational and technical schools, community college). These surveys will also ask your opinion on how to make these environments and opportunities more accessible and friendly to the autistic community. You will also be given the option to participate in a later, online focus group to gather more detailed information. If you would like to participate, please follow this link: https://newqtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics. ... CELUJ0PW0R . If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Dr. Sarrett at [email protected] . Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom