• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recent "This american Life" featuring adult aspie discovery

eon

Jimmy The Neurotypical
It was a very enjoyable episode, my wife busted laughing at several moments on seeing the things the married couple would have big conflicts over (identical to ours)

They brought up an aspie quiz I hadn't come across yet, perhaps it is recently developed. Play the Part | This American Life

the linked quiz

I tried it and my result actually looks pretty typical. But, it categorized me as highly N T in hunting and perception categories. Something like 120 aspie points and 80 or 90 NT--- when I went into the detailed analysis to determine why, it showed that my aptitude to map usage, finding my way around, understanding good amounts of fine detail in short instructions such as phone messages, phone numbers, it occurred to me that my high-detail-capacity memory and audio-based short term memory recall caused me to fall into this NT proficiency area according to this quiz. I view those strengths as direct results OF aspie talent, not anything particularly related to a typical neurology itself (most regular people I know have terrible detail memory and sense of direction). Nonetheless I found the picture it created very interesting with aspie obsession and talent opposite the NT hunt/percept and low points on all the rest.

View attachment 2428

Last edited:
I've seen the test before.. believe I did it once. But took it again for good measure

View attachment 2429

That's not really a big surprise here;

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 41 of 200

poly12c.php

Scored 150 on the aspie part and 65 on the NT.

Though I may have answered a few questions wrong or so, it's hard and I second guess a lot of my answers sometimes.

poly12c.php

I am "very likely an Aspie". That's curious, because I have never been diagnosed. I only ended up reading through this forum because I've landed here on many separate occasions in the midst of my internet surfing, and I figured that if I enjoy the topics I've read about before on here I would enjoy even more.

How do some people put their quiz results at the bottom of every post?

By editing their signature ;)

But I guess you're asking how to change your signature then, heh.

Click settings on the top right and then the menu on the left, under "My settings" shows "edit signature".

New Threads

Top Bottom