• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post your favorite artworks

Re: Post your favorite paintings

mona-lisa-painting.jpg

Re: Post your favorite paintings

A long-time favorite.
Velasquezcount.jpg

I disliked cubism until I saw Franz Marc's work.
MarcLittleBlueHorses.jpg

MarcDerTiger.jpg

Audubon has always been inspiring. Nobody has ever painted/drawn animals with such combined liveliness and detail.
Audobongrackles.jpg

AudubonParakeet.jpg

Greg Beecham, a current wildlife artist.
BeechamWolves.jpg

Bob Kuhn, a recently-deceased wildlife artist, and one of the best of the century.
KuhnWolfPack.jpg

Some dragon paintings by illustrator and fine artist Michael Whelan.
DragonwithMaiden.jpg

WhelanDragonflight-1.jpg

Here's stuff by Otto Dix who's probably my favorite German artist:

clio-team-1922-otto-dix-a-la-beaute-huile-sur-toile-140x122-cm.jpg

clio-team-1925-otto-dix-nelly-avec-ses-jouets-tempera-sur-bois-54x395-cm1.jpg

clio-team-1925-otto-dix-portrait-de-la-danseuse-anita-berber-tempera-sur-contreplaque-120x65-cm.jpg

clio-team-1926-otto-dix-portrait-de-la-journaliste-sylvia-von-harden-technique-mixte-sur-bois-120x88-cm.jpg

clio-team-1927-otto-dix-femme-etendue-sur-une-peau-de-leopard-technique-mixte-sur-bois-68x98-cm.jpg

clio-team-1928-otto-dix-portrait-de-sa-femme-martha-dix-i-technique-mixte-sur-contreplaque-60x59.jpg

clio-team-1933-otto-dix-portrait-du-peintre-hans-theo-richter-et-sa-femme-gisela-technique-mixte-sur-bois-100x70-cm.jpg

I spent quite a while repairing (modifying luminance levels, removing noise, sharpening, modifying colors, etc.) photos of great artworks in Photoshop and resized them for the web. I then decided to post them to various forums since I'd spent so much time on them. Lots of the paintings I posted initially looked rather lackluster.

Last edited:
"****ed" by Tony Matelli
17280.jpeg

"Old enemy new victim" also by Tony Matelli
Tony+matelli.jpg

I don't know who painted this but I found it funny:
2z8rzw3.jpg
[/IMG]

A girl from one of my forums drew this:

k8bw3ge21.jpg

I'm really fond of it.

Calcifer said:

That's awesome, Calcifer. You should post more art. I'd like to see what else you like.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it left a powerful impression on me when I saw it (the actual artwork) in a museum. Now when I saw the thread I thought about it. Somehow it feels like it is a picture of my lost soul or maybe more of a mask behind which she's hiding... Yeah... :) I'm in my Autumn mood...

mikhail-vrubel-the-seated-demon.jpg

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom