• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poll: What percentage of time do you enjoy your job?

What percentage of time do you enjoy your job?

• 0-10%

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 11-20%

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 21-30%

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 31-40%

• 41-50%

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 51-60%

• 61-70%

• 71-80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81-90%

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 91-100%

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
I no longer work for a company and just do my own projects, which I love, but I didn't like my job at most of the companies except for the video gaming companies I worked for. Even though software engineering is work, it's still fun writing games, but that was a long long time ago. :)

I don't enjoy my job...

The part of my life I do enjoy is when I'm not at work and can focus on my photography, the time I devote to that is almost a second job, although I don't make much money from it...

I do realize the job I don't enjoy is what funds my life and my hobby of the photography...

Last edited:
I am self-employed, work with my special interest and work alone. What's not to like? That is why at 72, I am still working.

About 50%. I work with children. Some are good to work with, others stress me out.

I am self-employed, work with my special interest and work alone. What's not to like? That is why at 72, I am still working.

Still going at 72? I applaud you, no really I do, most people retire at 65, my Dad did and he's 70 in October.

Most of my co-workers are very hard for me to deal with. Especially the endless, pointless chatter! Almost all of my jobs have been like that. I'd like to figure out a way to work at home by myself.

I try not to worry so much about "enjoying" my job. It is a means to support me. However I always try and make it the best I can as I can. Is it my dream job? No.

I am working on getting my dream job and I plan on getting my dream job, and it wont be a JOB, it will be something I enjoy deeply because it is what drives me to do more with my life.

There may not be a JOB that will do that for me, so I am trying to create that position by the value I give to what supplies me the things I need in LIFE. : )

When I was doing my actual job (exploration geology/geophysics) I enjoyed it immensely, 100%. When it came to dealing with my usually lazy, untrained, and frequently idiotic crew members, the job satisfaction dissipated quickly. Unfortunately, I spent most of the time dealing with the crew.

81-90% for me, though it used to be much lower when I was doing blue-collar work during my late teens, and 20's (Farmer. Arborist, Sailor). I liked the work well enough and it was challenging physically and meaningful much of the time, but then I realized that I need to pursue a career that would give me two things: 1. Mentally challenging and meaningful work, and 2. Something that I can do in the event my body gave out.

I've always been immersed in technology and mathematics from my formative years to today. Now in my 30's I work for a small cybersecurity company under the tutelage of a Radio Frequency Engineer. I get access to SANS material for free, and a steady flow of funding while I pursue my CE/Mathematics degrees.

New Threads

Top Bottom