• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

POLL (pt1): Deadly sins

Which of the seven deadly sins are you?

• Envy

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Vanity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lust

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Greed

• Gluttony

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Wrath

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Sloth

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Pride

• Total voters

LadyS

One eye permanently raised it seems...
V.I.P Member
So I know we're all perfect here (brush off your shoulders...yea you!)

...but we're all guilty of some sin (sinful mortals, all of you!)

...so which one do you think you're MOST guilty of?

(Optional) And then to make it more light-hearted, what would your evil super-villain name be based on your sin?

(Edit: Apologies, there are more than 7 listed as I took the liberty to add more...)

Last edited:
Sloth. I am not lazy though, I'm just very, very, very..very chilled out, most of the time. But when I do move, am performing actions, interacting with people , engaged, I'm very animated. So it all balances it self out. Energy wise.

I'm 6 out of 7 on a fairly regular basis.

I'm too much of a wimp to create any Wrath - I just turn it inwards and recycle it into self-loathing.

Ed

Gluttony here. Food is the driving factor of all life. Don't you dare touch my plate.

My supervillian alterego is Dr. NomNom.

Buzzkill Warning! :p

None of the above.

I don't use that particular playbook to determine sins from virtues. ;)

Sloth or Pride. King of the lazy. Lord of the lackluster. Monarch of the unambitious.
I find these go hand in hand, because to truly attain the soul of the lazy, you have to let go of the shame of being lazy and in doing so take pride in your own pace of living. Pride in your own goals. And this pride goes against the need of society and against what they wish to reserve pride for. But it's yours all the same! And you will lay down unwavering! Hold firm under your sheets! And you will nap! And it will be glorious!

From all off the 7, none are really for me.
But when i have to choose between the 7, i have to be honest to say: Envy.

cause i can feel very jealous when i see people having a nice life together. While im alone, and then i get jealous and also all mixed feelings together. Although i guess it is normal to have that ‘jealous’ feeling. I dont really know if this is a jealous feeling when i think about it.

but yeah, i only have friends and family who all are couples, and so i get confronted with that daily. And sometimes i cant stand myself for having these jealous feeling, and get all mad/angry at myself about it.

like now while i write about it:(:eek:

cause i can feel very jealous when i see people having a nice life together. While im alone, and then i get jealous and also all mixed feelings together. Although i guess it is normal to have that ‘jealous’ feeling. I dont really know if this is a jealous feeling when i think about it.

but yeah, i only have friends and family who all are couples, and so i get confronted with that daily. And sometimes i cant stand myself for having these jealous feeling, and get all mad/angry at myself about it.

If I had to choose a second it might be envy for me too. I'm also surrounded by others who have everything that I lack and it's hard not to be. I do make sure I let certain people know that they should be grateful for it too.

I'm 6 out of 7 on a fairly regular basis.

I'm too much of a wimp to create any Wrath - I just turn it inwards and recycle it into self-loathing.

Ed

You've never got angry with somebody, shouted them out?

I've ran through them all.

I'm much calmer now though, I have my emotions under control,mostly.

In this order:
Sloth - slacker and procrastinator
Gluttony - I like food
Pride - I don't like being told what to do
Lust - hormones sometimes takeover
Vanity - sometimes I think I look quite good
Wrath - will get angry, if lines are crossed
Envy - is just 'confused' admiration really
Greed - not acquisitive at all, my weakest trait

Supposedly the definition of wrath is extreme anger. I tend to put a lid on it before that happens.

Don't want to cause a scene. Used to get smacked for that - so quickly learned to stop.

Ed

You've never got angry with somebody, shouted them out?

I've ran through them all.

I'm much calmer now though, I have my emotions under control,mostly.

In this order:
Sloth - slacker and procrastinator
Gluttony - I like food
Pride - I don't like being told what to do
Lust - hormones sometimes takeover
Vanity - sometimes I think I look quite good
Wrath - will get angry, if lines are crossed
Envy - is just 'confused' admiration really
Greed - not acquisitive at all, my weakest trait

I have been angry but everyone is angry at some point.
I thought i had to choose one that is most common in my life. And then i have to go for Envy.

People around me just dont know how lucky they are with having not to deal with stuff i deal with daily, or things i cannot do cause i get sensory overloaded.

i dont want to look bad when i say this kind of stuff, cause its definitely me being jealous at the ‘perfect looking’ world.

If I had to choose a second it might be envy for me too. I'm also surrounded by others who have everything that I lack and it's hard not to be. I do make sure I let certain people know that they should be grateful for it too.

yeah sometimes it can hit hard, when seeing all perfect lifes around you.
I so hope one day i can feel the same, maybe not the same perfect life like my surrounding. But i guess a nice partner that understand and loves equally would be perfect enough to me.

The only thing that could possibly be remotely true for me would be "envy" too. I mean, I lived alone for twenty years prior to marriage and I envied others who were happier, more successful and in relationships. Since marriage, and as I am more positive than long ago, I envy others much less, as I can see the good in things that others may see as not so good, and as I can see some neutral or bad in things that most could see as good or great. In other words, I no longer assume the grass is greener with things such as money, relationships and an outside job, nor do I assume those that seem to have bad luck in life from superficial inspection of their circumstances are really less happy than the rest.

I don’t in reality identify with any of these sins. However, I do want to live comfortably as I grow older. But how much wealth is required to live comfortably? My idea of comfort might seem greedy to others, so I selected Greed.

It's just a game, right? I chose sloth, as I can tend to be slow or lack motivation sometimes. I’ve been a workaholic at my paid work though, I'm only a sloth at home.

Um… none of them, really :confused:
Closest thing I’d get to is gluttony, since I have some form of binge eating disorder :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom