• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pokemon Go... any thoughts?

...However, I'm now wondering if that's what the lady and her kids from down the street were playing. They walked up the street, stopped, turned, walked, etc, etc. The whole time they were doing that they were looking at their cell-phone, or gadget as I call them. At first I thought they were trying to get a signal, but that game makes better sense.
People playing Ingress tend to do this too, especially if using the shoddy iPhone GPS. But given the age bracket, you are probably right.

I don't know about pokemon, but ingress is based around public cultural locations. They are quite strong on security issues.

I hadn't heard anything about this game until this afternoon. This is at least the 10th time I've heard about it in the last 8 hours. I have noticed some people wandering around and acting oddly with their cell phones in the last few days.

I ran into two middle age women in the park who asked me if I was playing Pokemon Go

I failed to take over the gym in the park, but I lowered it to Level 3 from Level 5, though I ran out of revives.

I also caught a CP 353 Eevee at the other park where the town worker asked me if I was playing Pokemon Go, when he saw me with my iPhone.

FYI: Pokemon Go is out in Germany officially now!.
Though the German servers are being hammered.

I walked around the neighborhood with my son yesterday evening while he played. Even at around nine thirty, there were a surprising number of groups walking around looking! I still don't understand the appeal, but it's nice at least that so many people, of all different ages, are out walking around, friendly greetings and common goals.

Funny little moment: a fat fluffy cat plopped down on the sidewalk in front of us, just as a Pokemon appeared in the same spot (sorry, not up on the names of them!). :smile:

So that's why I can't choose the opening Pokemon?! **** this game, I deleted it.
The UK servers are buckling under the weight of all the traffic.
Pokemon Go is the most popular app of all time in the UK and the most downloaded app in the UK in less than 24 hours (it's barely been out for a day).
This has caused Niantic to find more servers to run the game on for the UK.
The same thing happened in Germany earlier this week.
Give it a few days and the server issues will be fixed.

It's official Pokemon Go is the most downloaded and daily used app in the U.S. on iOS and Android beating out Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook and others.
It has achieved it in a week's time.

Pokemon Go has literally blown away Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, etc... in less than 24 hours in the UK in terms of downloads and users.

Just wait a day or two and the servers will stabilize.
Also you can keep trying and eventually you can use it.
Try using it in non peak hours.

Last edited:
jMBPxhr.png

Also I got Jolteon last night completing my Eeveelutions.

pOPTXlU.png

Also Pokemon Go is the #1 grossing app by far in all 33 countries it is in beating all the rest out.
It still hasn't launched in Japan, China, South Korea and Latin America.

Top grossing app, beating Clash of Clans? That takes some doing!
Edit: 'Tis true, it beats Clash of Clans and Clash Royal (measured as $/day). Will be interesting to see if they maintain it as long as Clash of Clans did.

Last edited:
Top grossing app, beating Clash of Clans? That takes some doing!
Edit: 'Tis true, it beats Clash of Clans and Clash Royal (measured as $/day). Will be interesting to see if they maintain it as long as Clash of Clans did.
It's possibly, especially if they add trading and battling with friends out by the end of July as promised.
Also they plan to add Gen II soon and some new features and items.
There is also business partnerships for promotional giveways and other non released items found in the data mined Android version.

We should have all 6 Gens by the end of the year with a good chance of getting the new Gen 7 Pokemon Alongside the Pokemon Sun and Moon on November 18th.

The average daily users spend 25¢ beating out Candy Crush which held the record at 21¢.

Though the currently breakdown in revenue distribution is believed to be:

30% Apple
30% Google

Platform breakdown is;
30% Platform holder
30% Niantic (Nintendo is the second biggest shareholder behind Google in the company).
30% The Pokemon Company International (TPCi) (Though Nintendo owns 33% of them).
10% Nintendo directly (They own the copyrights, trademarks, and character designs per agreement with GameFreak and Creatures)

The 30% the TPCi supposedly gets breaks down like this:
  • 34% to GameFreak (Creators of Pokemon and developers of the main series)
  • 34% to Creatures Inc. (Mainly help in creature design and the card game)
  • 32% Nintendo
This based on the supposed ownership stakes in TPCi

Nintendo also owns a major stake in GameFreak and Creatures Inc.

Nintendo like gets closer to 20% of Pokemon Go when it is all done said.

I played the game earlier when I went shopping, between Tesco car park and the Freezer section I caught 2 Zubats, a Pidgey and a hypnotic Pokemon I can't remember the name of.

I transferred a high level Nodiran female... I had intended to keep it, but for some reason I hit the transfer button.

I played it for half an hour and caught 5 pokemon before deleting the app. There doesn't seem to be a lot to do apart from flick the screen to catch a stationary cartoon image. I don't see the appeal to be honest but I did get a laugh reading the news that some guy quit his job to become a full time pokemon hunter.

New Threads

Top Bottom