• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please be honest here...

D temp

Okay then, straight to the point...

This girl called Nicole (Non aspie) admitted earlier she really likes me. And I somewhat feel the same way. The issue is the age difference and the anxietys of it all.

She's almost 15 and I just turned 17, and wanted to know if that's a bad thing? Take into consideration everything pleease, aswell as my real bad paranoia and SA which I'm sure a lot of you know about by now ^^

Your thoughts on it would be muchly appreciated :) x

Actually, that's not bad and also what Mike said... Just go for the casual move.
Just go with the flow. :p

Not saying its gonna' happen yet, was just talking things over with her and she's gone to sleep now, but if it ends up happening then I kinda' felt like checking ^^

Be honest with yourself, though. Do you really anything serious happening between you two? Be careful. One of you will end up getting hurt. That isn't an opinion. It's fact.

In a few years you two will be considered the same age, so I don't get why not. Age is just a number anyway. My bf is almost 11 years older than me. His mother once said "You're the same age, right? Yeah, you're the same age, so..." (whatever she was going to say next). He was 31 and I was 20.

"Almost 15" really means 14. And if any dramas happen people won't be saying that she was "almost" anything.

Be careful. Make sure that you know where you stand with her parents. Don't take it from her, TALK to them. You are both kids, especially her.

Really it is just a 2 year age gap and I personally have no problem with it. Just consider her age and be careful.

Two years difference is really not bad. And the more older you get, the less meaning that age difference has.

15 and 17 isn't too bad but that's one where it really depends on the couple, a more mature 17 year old couldn't date an average 15 year old very well. 14 and 17, I think, is too much.

In my area any physical involvement between those two ages is illegal, though, regardless of if she is 14 or 15.

I agree with this:

"Be careful. Make sure that you know where you stand with her parents. Don't take it from her, TALK to them. You are both kids, especially her."

You don't want to get slammed with legal charges or a reputation that you take advantage of little girls. In my area, no one would think very highly of a 17 year old dating that young. While I know this isn't the case for you, people may assume you are "only after one thing," if you know what I mean.

It all depends. If you like each other then theres no problem as long as you can handle people judging as they always do. But think if you were like 20 years older and was with someone 2 years apart that is normal. Even 6 or 8 years apart can be normal when older so I dont see why people always judge people when there like 2 years difference. Its just because its like 15 and 17. Just think when your 18 she is 16 so there isnt a problem at all there. Just remember if you get very close and together for a while and want to sleep together. Remember 16 is age of consent (well it is here anyway) so you wouldnt be able to do that unless you realy wanted to but bad things can happen from that. But if you like each other you shouldnt let what others think get in the way of a relationship.

New Threads

Top Bottom