• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pissed some people off

cha

I am a musician and lots of the circles of people I work with are inter-related to one another. I all of a sudden was fired from two seperate gigs and a payment issue has "come up" with a mega church I played at 2 weeks ago.
I am so sick of having to say nothing in order to keep my job or even be certain I can expect payment of all things! I would hate to be the jaded musician but musicians do it to themselves by working for free! I told someone I didn't want to drive to 4 hours to Austin to -audition- for a commercial (and not get paid) and I've learned by reading a passive aggressive comment on facebook that they took one of the keyboard players instead. No phone call or txt. I love playing music but I cannot deal with the irregularity and unprofessional attitudes that come from some people...some of which that play with big nationwide acts! LAME!

I am a musician and lots of the circles of people I work with are inter-related to one another. I all of a sudden was fired from two seperate gigs and a payment issue has "come up" with a mega church I played at 2 weeks ago.
I am so sick of having to say nothing in order to keep my job or even be certain I can expect payment of all things! I would hate to be the jaded musician but musicians do it to themselves by working for free! I told someone I didn't want to drive to 4 hours to Austin to -audition- for a commercial (and not get paid) and I've learned by reading a passive aggressive comment on facebook that they took one of the keyboard players instead. No phone call or txt. I love playing music but I cannot deal with the irregularity and unprofessional attitudes that come from some people...some of which that play with big nationwide acts! LAME!

I agree that must suck big time do u have a manager that would negotiate / ensure payment etc ?
I've never been fortunate enough to get paid for a gig usually after hiring a van and putting petrol in it etc etc I'd end up out of pocket by about £70/80

I am hired as contract labor and don't have many rights as an independent contractor. I have not run my own band in over 4 years and just work as a guitarist.

This business is cutthroat, the higher your proverbial rocket carries you, the more cutthroat it gets.

I hope you can find a good band, with a decent manager soon, it sucks to go it alone in this business.

New Threads

Top Bottom