• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Physics and Space sciences.

RocketScientist

Hi, I've had a long interest on space science, especially astronomy and astrophysics. Astrobiology and radio astronomy can somewhat get interesting, and cosmology by now has increased our understanding of the universe and time and its vast history. Theoretical physics is as well interesting, string theories, relativity, quantum mechanics, grand unified theories, theory of everything, and so on. I am also interested in rocketry, and pretty much soon I would like to develop a hobby in water rocketry and amateur astronomy. I have a 70 mm aperture telescope at home, but I rarely use it even though I wanted to, clouds are always covering my area at night. Whenever the sky is clear, I will try to go out. You don't have to be a professional astronomer to discover something new. Just keep gazing up into the sky and who knows that you may find something? Even amateurs can take part. Science and a form of engineering (I am referring to rocketry here) can get you to an interesting hobby and can even lead you to some point in your life, probably becoming a scientist or engineer. Did you know that 98% of today's scientists and engineers became what they were due to a hobby and inspiration of model rocketry when they were younger?

You may be glad to know I had friends in the satellite industry when I was in Russia. I had a Russian friend called Gleb whose speciality was rockets. In fact I know a little bit about the Russian space program which you will probably be familiar with. First man in space was Yuri Gagarin and that triggered the American space program to develop alongside Russia's program.
Funny thing is the program has stalled somewhat. Space technology hasn't moved on much since the sixties. We have developments in I.T., electronics and domestic products for consumerism but space technology is still the same, more or less. Still use rockets, shuttles and space stations.
My hobby is electronics but I now started doing it theoretically using textbooks with various tests. However my maths is pretty poor so I often struggle to get by a question if it involves fairly basic calculations such as numbers in thousandths or hundredths.
Anyway if you can get to grips with all of this, it has to be good.

Hi, I've had a long interest on space science, especially astronomy and astrophysics. Astrobiology and radio astronomy can somewhat get interesting, and cosmology by now has increased our understanding of the universe and time and its vast history. Theoretical physics is as well interesting, string theories, relativity, quantum mechanics, grand unified theories, theory of everything, and so on. I am also interested in rocketry, and pretty much soon I would like to develop a hobby in water rocketry and amateur astronomy. I have a 70 mm aperture telescope at home, but I rarely use it even though I wanted to, clouds are always covering my area at night. Whenever the sky is clear, I will try to go out. You don't have to be a professional astronomer to discover something new. Just keep gazing up into the sky and who knows that you may find something? Even amateurs can take part. Science and a form of engineering (I am referring to rocketry here) can get you to an interesting hobby and can even lead you to some point in your life, probably becoming a scientist or engineer. Did you know that 98% of today's scientists and engineers became what they were due to a hobby and inspiration of model rocketry when they were younger?

I have an interest in time. Haven't studied physics, though. I'm aware it's considered you can go forwards in time but not back. However, a few scientists do think that time can be crossed in reverse.

I have an interest in time. Haven't studied physics, though. I'm aware it's considered you can go forwards in time but not back. However, a few scientists do think that time can be crossed in reverse.

We are travelling forward in time. It is somewhat more possible to travel to the future than the past, but if one were to travel to the future, one has to go inside a rocket travelling at nearly the speed of light at least, but it would trigger a bolt of radiation that could destroy the rocket and the fabric of space-time itself. One cannot simply time travel to the future. Wormholes, natural space-time 'teleporters' and 'time machines' wouldn't work any good for time travel either; because if one were to enter through a wormhole, he would not only travel in some point in time but somewhere else in space. Wormholes actually work better as teleporters.

Not sure really. You can cross shallow space which is relative to time. Yet time is one major obstacle. Those I knew who have now died I cannot communicate with because time has become a barrier. If I could overcome the barrier, then time would be no less an obstacle than space (meaning crossing several miles distance to see someone). If you could go back in time, you could overcome the laws of physics but then there are paradoxes.

We are travelling forward in time. It is somewhat more possible to travel to the future than the past, but if one were to travel to the future, one has to go inside a rocket travelling at nearly the speed of light at least, but it would trigger a bolt of radiation that could destroy the rocket and the fabric of space-time itself. One cannot simply time travel to the future. Wormholes, natural space-time 'teleporters' and 'time machines' wouldn't work any good for time travel either; because if one were to enter through a wormhole, he would not only travel in some point in time but somewhere else in space. Wormholes actually work better as teleporters.

Quantum physics and cosmology are my favorite sciences, along with horticulture and agriculture. Two different coins, or so it would seem except when it comes to the idea of colonizing other planets and terraforming them. I like the idea of space tourism, and finding new worlds to colonize. I even had a dream once where I was part of a terraforming team on a new planet.

obviously i have an interest in space/time. i just wish i could get off this rock and go home. movies/television that involve time travel have all forgotten that if you move through time without adjusting your where, you pop out in space. no fun at all i would think. one day a writer/director will do time travel correctly. i have an 8 inch sct that i was able to view jupiter after the comet struck it. very bizarre with the black spot visible for a long time. gort calls, must run.

You might enjoy Irwin Allen's Lost In Space.

Quantum physics and cosmology are my favorite sciences, along with horticulture and agriculture. Two different coins, or so it would seem except when it comes to the idea of colonizing other planets and terraforming them. I like the idea of space tourism, and finding new worlds to colonize. I even had a dream once where I was part of a terraforming team on a new planet.

New Threads

Top Bottom