• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Phases

Pinky

Does anyone else go through phases of being obsessed with different subjects? I sometimes get really intensely into one thing for about a week, then its something else and then its back to the first one again. Anyone else find that?

Sometimes my obsessions/interests can change like that but for most of the time, they remain the same for quite a while before changing to something else.

I have had that happen. Usually I will find a new subject like neuraldarwinism and research it heavily for a week or more. After that however I usually fall back into my typical obsessive interests.

Sometimes I go off on some other intense interest for hours or days, but my main interest remains. I think I could be a good researcher, I find "unavailable" parts online at work, and have tracked down info for friends they couldn't get from the manufacturer.

I also pretty much have the same obsessions/interests across the board constantly. I always have an interest in them but I'm usually focused more on one or two of them at a certain time, and it switches over time. I may pick up on something random for a while but it's usually the same interests all the time with different intensities.

I've been going through a lot of phases over the past couple of months. I thought I was getting bored of my main special interest (Tim Burton movies) so I kept trying to find something new to obsess over. As I came to find out, I'm still very emotionally attached to Burton's movies and I'm not ready to give it up yet. But my phases were not all in vain, because one of them actually became a secondary special interest: Adventure Time with Finn & Jake.

Sometimes I go off on some other intense interest for hours or days, but my main interest remains. I think I could be a good researcher, I find "unavailable" parts online at work, and have tracked down info for friends they couldn't get from the manufacturer.

Billi, I have thought the exact same thing as far as being a researcher...and I too have everyone asking me to find things as I seem to have an aptitude for it.

I am kind of the same,

I do have several key interests, but focus seems to shift between them all each month??? gets expensive at times and annoys my wife to no end :p

Hi I am Kathy,
attending university
Studying History and Theatre Arts Acting track.
watching and reading about gymnastics.
going on the web.
trying to find a first job not in acting.

I do this. I will usually spend 1-3 weeks doing nothing but reading up on or watching videos about a certain topic, until I get sick of it. Or I will obsessively watch a TV show or anime series. When it's over, I still feel very attached to it and want to start watching it again from the beginning, but I don't let myself do that. Eventually the emotional attachment fades and I'll get interested in something else.

I've been going through a lot of phases over the past couple of months. I thought I was getting bored of my main special interest (Tim Burton movies) so I kept trying to find something new to obsess over. As I came to find out, I'm still very emotionally attached to Burton's movies and I'm not ready to give it up yet. But my phases were not all in vain, because one of them actually became a secondary special interest: Adventure Time with Finn & Jake.
Turns out my Adventure Time obsession was just a phase too, and I really was getting tired of my Tim Burton movie obsession after all. Hopefully now I've found something that will stick with me awhile...

OMG i though i was the only person that dose this i get obsessions about different subjects and they last for about 2 weeks or so and then i lose interest in it and move on to other things

New Threads

Top Bottom