• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

I did an experiment where I took the Myers-Briggs test over the course of the year, several months apart; I can't remember what the specific types were, but I remember they were quite inconsistent. I don't really put a lot of stock into self-reporting, or for that matter in personality profiling (a lot of psychologists agree); but I think it's fun and interesting to see what comes up with these sorts of things. :)

I did an experiment where I took the Myers-Briggs test over the course of the year, several months apart; I can't remember what the specific types were, but I remember they were quite inconsistent. I don't really put a lot of stock into self-reporting, or for that matter in personality profiling (a lot of psychologists agree); but I think it's fun and interesting to see what comes up with these sorts of things. :)

What might be even more interesting as an experiment is doing an MB if you end up in a new environment or end up in a new social circle. See how that changes your perception of yourself.

But aspies and ending up in social circles (let alone new ones) generally don't go hand in hand, lol. So such an idea might be bit far-fetched for some.

INFJ as always

INFJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(12%) Judging(33%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

What might be even more interesting as an experiment is doing an MB if you end up in a new environment or end up in a new social circle. See how that changes your perception of yourself.

But aspies and ending up in social circles (let alone new ones) generally don't go hand in hand, lol. So such an idea might be bit far-fetched for some.
Well, I'm almost certain that had I taken the test several years ago (read: when I had much lower social skills and hadn't grown the way I have, as in, empathy, and other similar things) it would have been much different still. I think I got both ISTJ and INTJ in this experiment, and possibly one other, I can't remember.

New Threads

Top Bottom