• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personal Quirks

A) I seem to have an aversion to using contractions. I do not know why this is so; all I know is that I have to say both words, unless I am quoting something. Unfortunately, this does make my emails, text messages, and posts that much longer, though.

B) I have to eat my food at room temperature. If it is too hot, I will sit and wait until it achieves the warmth I desire. The food also cannot touch each other.

C) I talk to myself, reflecting my thoughts. When I do this, it is mostly at home, but it happens at other places once in a while, as well. I remember being at an NT friend's house, and as she was chatting with her roommates, I was in a separate room reading alone. Well, I began speaking aloud about the book, asking myself questions and responding. Now, I am typically a soft-spoken person, but she heard me from the other room. The conversation she and her roommates were having momentarily ceased and she called out, "Um, are you okay, Crystal?" "Yeah, everything is hunky dory." "Alright, just wanted to make sure." Speaking to myself helps me to sort things out. It can be challenging at times to work things out in my head, so I have to vocalize it.

Last edited:
I share very few things and mine are stored properly in my room, don't ever touch something and put it back later because I will notice it and go straight to all the people in the house to find the infractor. I also do things in a determined order when I get up so I don't forget anuthing and squeeze every second of my time. I have some issues regarding the conceptiom of time, it feels so precious to me but I don't even know if it's real or an illusion (that gives to think).

You'llPokeYourEyeOut: When I was a kid, I didn't like to use contractions either. I had to teach myself to use them, just as I had to teach myself slang in my teenage years. Also, when I was a child, my food had to be hot and it could not touch each other or run into each other on the plate. My mother finally started serving me in separate bowls. I grew out of that as I got older. I didn't grow out of talking to myself though. In fact, I talk to myself more now than I did when I was younger. At 52, I think I have more to sort out in my head. But, yeah, it has to do with needing to vocalize my thoughts in order to organize them in my head.

When I am eating my dinner, I cant have anything red with anything green . So, for example, I can't improve sprouts by coating them with ketchup.
I also feel peculiar if I wear matching socks but they do have to be the same length and thickness but they must look different.

When I am eating my dinner, I cant have anything red with anything green . So, for example, I can't improve sprouts by coating them with ketchup.
I also feel peculiar if I wear matching socks but they do have to be the same length and thickness but they must look different.

QVC has the socks for you. I believe they are called Lil Mismatched. They have some for kids and adults. Might be right up your alley!

QVC has the socks for you. I believe they are called Lil Mismatched. They have some for kids and adults. Might be right up your alley!
I might have to try to find them!
A few years back my dad got me a Christmas present he found online. They were socks that they actually sold individually so you could make whatever "pairs" you wanted!

New Threads

Top Bottom