• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People Asking You Questions About Themselves.

Emor

I hate questions like, 'Do you trust me?' Every ex-boyfriend has asked me that and it's like, 'Well, I do trust you to an extent'- it just seems like trusting someone regardless of the circumstances is just stupid. Like if a guy comes home with a girl making out with her then the chances are he's cheating on you or whatever.
Or, 'Do you love me?' I hate it the way people feel like I'm obligated to love them. For one I don't know what love means. I'll say, 'Well I like you and think you're a cool guy' and they get pissy :S. I used to just go with the flow and say yes but I noticed the consequences for doing that were massive so yeah. It just pisses me off when guys do that, esp. considering I'm like 15 years old for ****s sake, who wants a serious relationship at 15?
I know this a bit off-topic tbh because it was to do with emotions in general, but sometimes people will ask me other questions like whether or not I have a best friend and it's like, why do I have to have a _best_ friend? I have friends but I don't make favourites. And then people say they have multiple best friends. I thought the concept of 'best' was that you were the best and no one was on top.
I feel really awkward. I can sort of understand the third one but I think it's still stupid.
There's other examples but meh. I'm not talking about trivial things like people saying stupid **** but it does actually make sense, but big questions and it's like, what do you want me to say? Sometimes I wonder if people seriously want the truth or just to lie.
EMZ=]

I hope I don't derail your point with this.. I'l have it where someone will say "love you" or something, like a parent who definately means it, but I won't be able to respond. I know I do love my parents.. but its hard to get in touch with those feelings of saying 'love you too' all the time and really mean it.

I'l then get it with a potential love interest, or a mate, usually a girl ;) who says "love you" and you feel obliged to reply. Its awkward because that always seems to happen WAY before I could imagine love (in its many forms) actually happening with them. Whatever it means, be it a throw away, ill informed "love you" or something genuine, its annoying feeling obliged to reciprocate =)

Um....hope that made at least a bit of sense. Probably wasn't relevant tbh.

Well, when my mum always says "do you love me?" I am lost for words. It's not that I don't it's just I don't feel it at the particular time. Then she does the sad pouty lips on me.
One time I gave her my straight answer and said, "well, I'm your daughter aren't I, so I have been programmed as it were to love you, you gave birth to me so we made the mother/child bond so that feeling of "love" is always already there. Even if I don't like you I can't escape the usual bond with my parents. If you a were stranger I wouldn't have given you a second glance but since you gave birth to me I have to have the inate love feeling built in me." So I ended up making it all sciency and my mum didn't like it for some reason.

Haha, well I like that response. Usually I'l squeeze out a tiny 'loveyoutoo' then scarper to my room with an imaginary hail of bullets above my head. Luckily I haven't been faced with "do you love me?" but I'l bear that in mind if I do =p. And now to stop monopolising EMOR's thread =p.

Ouch Monkey.
My Mum/Dad have never asked me it. If they say 'love you' I just say 'love you' usually, but sometimes I'll actually not notice what they said and just be like, 'can you turn the lights off when you leave' and then notice they said love you lmao. My Dad used to get in a massive strop when I did that.
IDK how you can love a family member. I find them really annoying. I'd be extremely upset if one of them died though but I don't have any burning desire to spend time around them or w.e. I thought if you loved someone you enjoyed being around them.
EMZ=]

Mostly I do think (speaking form experiences) that people do want you to lie. I don't like them either, this kind of questions, they just make me want to say: yeah, yeah, yeah...

But on the, do you love me, uh I did used to ask this, but only cause the guy I was with didn't show or say it ever, so I was quite sure he didn't, yet he would always answer yes, wouldn't be with ya if I didn't. But I knew that was a lie...

So in that particular relationship I did ask that question quite a lot. I wished he had said No though. I was young then. Stupid games...

I think with close family, you inherently love them. I used to get morbidly upset over this (do I love them????!), but If you were like me, in my hardest time, then you just have to trust that you 'must love them' because they do so much for you and you'd miss them when they were gone. Its not a quick fix solution but it helps take your mind off the issue, obviously with a dash of willpower.

I think family are different as well, not like a life partner. The fact that you don't want to spend time with them could be due to the pressures of trying to live up to their expectations when you are, as aspergics (?) will testify, distinctly your own person. That could be just me =p As Frasier puts it, "sometimes the key to true happiness is distance from your parents".

Whereas it used to be nigh on impossible for me to identify with parental feelings, I can safely say now that it's clearer and I dunno what id do without em. I know ey ;)

@emor, is the ouch about the response or the question?

I must have sounded like sheldon off big bang theory when I said that to my mum :unsure:. But I like giving my theories so whatever :p

@emor, is the ouch about the response or the question?

I must have sounded like sheldon off big bang theory when I said that to my mum :unsure:. But I like giving my theories so whatever :p
Both lmao xD.
EMZ=]

New Threads

Top Bottom