• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Overwhelming sense of failure

asd8513

Ok, so...i am enrolled in online college classes. One class in particular, world history, is a nightmare! The book is online so i dont get to fully articulate the passages (or read from the book during tests).

I have taken 2 tests so far and im massively failing. I really dont want an f to blemish my 3.0 gpa. That would kill me. However, i am unable to drop the class!!! I dont know what to do!

I'm not sure I understood exactly what the problem is... that the books are online and you work better with a hardcopy? Too much to remember? As for reading from the book during tests, I think most institutions won't allow students to consult books during tests - that's cheating :)

If it's the case that you work better with a hardcopy, you could print out the online version and use that.

World history - that's a pretty vast subject area - wow! Does your tutor give you any hints as to which specific areas you should be covering for the test? If not, you could try asking.

If you need a hard copy, there are tons of websites out there dedicated to school books, like Textbooks.com. Just in case the online copy strictly prohibits any kind of printing. My memories from my online classes were that they were forbidden and ridiculously locked down. The one time my sister tried them she almost failed the midterm because even the college computers in the test lab weren't allowed to access the test. Talk about extreme paranoia...

The problem is that i take online classes. The whole book is online so i cant exactly study for tests. And the tests are worded so strangely that i cant even think about the question. I have tried even googling the answers. Lol! Printing the book is actually a great idea. I want so badly to just drop that class. I literally cannot take failure. It depresses me and overwhelms me and i usually end up having a meltdown. When i have meltdowns i often cannot control what i do and sometimes i self harm. Not good to fail. Lol.

As for reading from the book during tests, I think most institutions won't allow students to consult books during tests - that's cheating

I've had a lot of classes that allowed books, but there was a good a reason; those tests tend to be extra hard and looking through the textbook takes up valuable testing time. So you're basically forced to study before hand and makes notes in it.

There must be documentaries for you to watch. Maybe Kahn Academy has something? Or even educational YouTube (iffy. I know) channels?

I am a history buff from way back. If your class addresses Western European civ from 1250-1700, feel free to post questions. I specialized in Plantagenet, Tudor, Stewart England, Valois France, Vatican history, Romanov Russia, Trastamara Spain through Philip II, and early Imperial Rome. If any of that helps you, let me know. If I don't know, then I don't know.

What I suspect is that your troubles may not be related to content, per se, but to how it's presented.

New Threads

Top Bottom