• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online IQ test?

I'm afraid not.
Most online IQ tests rely on speed over accuracy so much so that you could click through without answering a single question and get an IQ of 170+. :D[/QUOTE/]

No wonder everyone who takes the Raven test online is in the 95 percentile!

Every online IQ test that I have ever taken has had a higher score than my actual IQ.

No wonder everyone who takes the Raven test online is in the 95 percentile!
Ravens (and other non-verbal IQ tests) are supposed to be more accurate for auties than verbal IQ tests, like Cattell and the Wonderlic. (I had a 4-8 point difference [sd = 15].)

The WAIS-IV includes both kinds of tests, where I had an 18 point difference [sd = 15].

One way to test the integrity of an online IQ test is to answer using the worst choice answers and seeing if it will give you an unflattering score. Bad tests will give you a flattering score no matter how you answer them.

Does anyone know a reliable IQ test site?

Yes, my IQ was I believe accurately documented for me by Mensa, an organization which tests for people
whose tested IQs are in the top two (2) percentile. Mensa has an online exam that anyone one can take
anytime, and Mensa will score it for you and email your test score to you along with your percentile ranking
and useful comments to help you get a sense of where you stand against others who took the test.

Type "IQ tests" in the search function of this website. Any number of thread titles will pop up on this subject discussed in the distant and recent past.

One way to test the integrity of an online IQ test is to answer using the worst choice answers and seeing if it will give you an unflattering score. Bad tests will give you a flattering score no matter how you answer them.

Mensa explained to me as a part of my score notification that on their examination the very larger part of
of all their test takers score at or around 98IQ, which in the United States as I understand from Mensa is the national
average score.

I passionately hate IQ tests, they make me look a bit thick, and OK I failed the audition for Mastermind but I know that contrary to what some people on the Internet say about me, I am not retarded.

I passionately hate IQ tests, they make me look a bit thick,...
Was that a verbal (using words) or non-verbal (using pictures) test? We auties tend to do significantly better on the latter (and they are more accurate for us).

New Threads

Top Bottom