• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

One of my pieces got a premiere last week!

Wait, Mary Beth Orr was playing horn for this? I've heard some of her music over the radio before; she's top-shelf.
Which piece was yours?

I'm very excited and happy :) This has only happened a couple of times, where professional musicians have played my music in public. I really hope that more opportunities like this happen, even though I'm really embarrassed by the video footage they used of me >_<

Here's a link to the livestream, if anyone's interested! Lots of different music by a bunch of other composers.

Congratulations on your composition piece being one of the
many ones played by Mary Beth there! It was cool to see all the composers including you there at the 25:06 mark, and the background information about you all and/or their piece.

For clarification, if I am correct, that is not you at the beginning talking, but someone who looks somewhat like you but with more outgoing personality, and you instead are shown starting at the mentioned mid point in that video .

You come across as mostly relaxed, nice and modest there as shown through your voice and other expressions and features. You also explained well your musical interests, and leading up to having Mary Beth play your piece.

Your piece was amazing and full of feeling. I hope you have more displayed and played publicly. Nicely written and played.

Congratulations on your composition piece being one of the
many ones played by Mary Beth there! It was cool to see all the composers including you there at the 25:06 mark, and the background information about you all and/or their piece.

For clarification, if I am correct, that is not you at the beginning talking, but someone who looks somewhat like you but with more outgoing personality, and you instead are shown starting at the mentioned mid point in that video .

You come across as mostly relaxed, nice and modest there as shown through your voice and other expressions and features. You also explained well your musical interests, and leading up to having Mary Beth play your piece.

Your piece was amazing and full of feeling. I hope you have more displayed and played publicly. Nicely written and played.
Thank you!! Yeah, it feels really good to have professionals have an interest in my music (this happened once before in Germany, but with keyboard pieces). It was great to hear the creativity from the other composers, too!

Oh yeah, you're correct--I do look an awful lot like Robert. Brother from another mother?

I did?? I thought I came across as, well..awkward (but we're out own worst critics, I guess!). Thank you for the kind words on...me. :)

I appreciate that a lot! I hope I have more opportunities like this too. During the meeting we all had a couple months ago, it was heavily recommended that I create a sonata or suite for the horn, which I've completed (still waiting on feedback from Mary Beth). Your words mean a lot to me!

Wait, Mary Beth Orr was playing horn for this? I've heard some of her music over the radio before; she's top-shelf.
Which piece was yours?
Yep! Apparently she's very well known for her work, which spans multi-genres--I like reading about her current work and her background; very unique!

Mine is the piece at 26:05.

New Threads

Top Bottom