• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Sign me up too.

I have to have my car always fully detailed. Just like new, no finger prints, and the inside is immaculate. I measure the items on my desk to make sure everything is perfect. I could go on but you get the idea. OCD to the max. Is there a problem here? Any other way to be?

I don't have enough symptoms of OCD to be officially diagnosed but I have a thing about threes and divisions of three. The silverware always has to be all the same (so it has to be from the same brand). I also always need to have the same bus seat. I also have issues with people I don't know touching me. But I was told from the person who diagnosed my AS that I don't have OCD officially I just have shadow syndromes or what they call tendencies they were thinking that most of my issues were due to AS.

I think I had OCD or OCD tendencies more when I was younger. I was obsessed with the number 4, I touched things 4 times alot, wheras now it's all about symmetry, if I touch something with one hand I have to touch it with the other or I feel 'wrong'(and I may have to keep touching it one after the other until it feels right so it could be 2,4,6, 8,10, 12, etc times). If my husband touches me lightly on 1 side or my hand or foot or anything he has to do it on the other side too. I don't like things to be uneven, I like pairs, I was stupidly happy on the inside when my daughter was given a second hello kitty pillow, she only had 1 and it really irritated me, wheras now she has 2 and they can sit side by side in a nice pair now. When I've washed my hands and dried them I always have to run my hands along 2 of the walls in the hall before crunching them, every single time or they feel weird. I check my facial piercings about 50 times a day, there was a period when I was constantly losing the balls off my snakebites and I hated the anxiety that cause so now I keep checking them every 10 mins or so to make sure they are always on tight. Other then that I don't think I do anything obsessively.

New Threads

Top Bottom