• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

obsessed with the full moon

When I see a full moon, I sometimes think of poor "Mr. Larry" (Talbot)

"Even a man who is pure at heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

-Curt Siodmak, Hollywood Screenwriter ;)

And on occasion, I think of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. Sans any lycanthropy concerns. :cool:

Why did you stop? I talk to the moon, the stars, and anything that will listen regardless of time and place. Anyone who gives me grief gets to talk to my hand.

When I was little my mother taught me a prayer: "I see the moon and the moon sees me; God bless the moon and God bless me".

My mother likes to recall a time my parents drove to Denver at night (a 6 hour drive through the mountains). They chose night because they thought that I, a toddler, would soon fall asleep in the back seat. But NO. I was learning to talk and in my car seat, I was at such an angle that I could see the moon out my window every time we came around another peak. So all the way to Denver, I sat there saying, "See Moon? See Moon? SEE MOON!"

Six HOURS of obsessed toddler FUN!!! (Should it surprise them I have AS???)

I think it's cool you talk to the moon. I love the night sky. I am charging my crystal ball in the moonlight as we speak :)

I think it's cool you talk to the moon. I love the night sky. I am charging my crystal ball in the moonlight as we speak :)
i've actually thought about making a stone and crystal book where the different specimens are listed by how you charge them. once your collection is as extensive as mine you gotta do it in bulk.

My favourite is clear quartz crystal, but I also like amethyst.
Amethyst should be charged by leaving it in plants it also likes watermelon tourmaline. Don't let it get too much sunlight or it will fade. Also pineapple or cactus amethyst as it is called, is used for seeing the aura. :)

I know just what you mean :) I've been a bonafide selenophile since very young. I had conversations with the moon too, but not in english. My very favourite thing in the world is the way the moon looks with tree branches in front of it...it gives me a huge sense of comfort.

Last edited:
I love the moon as well. The moon in the day time is my favorite thing to see. I remember from a Stephen King story a character called it the Ghost Moon. Might have been It. Anyway, since then I've always looked up during the day, and when I see the Ghost Moon I call to it by name. I always thought of it as the most powerful moon. Even the burning sun can't blot it out.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom