• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Obscure interests

I like everything about old country music before 1950's, besides my love of pop-techno music after 1990's and the 'classics' in between

I love italian horror/giallo films from the 70's and 80's because I think they're so stylish and different from mainstream films. I especially love Dario Argento's movies up until Phenomena(1985), where I think his movies start to get a bit worse.
Also, I like rare/ish horror books from the 70's and 80's. It won't be unusual to find me reading a Shaun Hutson book, as he's my favourite author. I tried reading Stephen King before, but couldn't really understand the language he used.
I'm quite interested in old movie cameras. I've already collected about five of them, but I've only ever shot one roll of film and that was on my Canon 310xl super 8 camera.
I could go on for ages saying what I know about these things beacuse I know loads about them.

I like to watch squirrels and imagine what they are saying. It's not an obscure interest for a child or teenager I suppose...but when you are walking down the street and lose track of a conversation "Oh, I'm sorry was just scripting the lives of those squirrels" does not cut it.....

Well, lately, I've been delving into 80s music, though whether or not you could consider that obscure depends on the person you're talking to? Also been playing B-grade NES titles via emulation, which is part of the reason why I haven't been posting lately. Once I get dissolved into something I tend to be absent from everywhere else for quite a bit, so there you go.

Scripting animals? Sure, but only if it's not on-the-fly and for comedic purposes...for a video or whatever and if I have a script at hand to use...

I collect old TV shows that were cancelled, I love to hunt down and either buy them on DVD or download shows that ran for less than a season. It’s really weird because a lot of the cancelled ones are actually really good so, why were they cancelled so quickly?

I’ve a few that only went for 3 or 4 episodes but mostly its around 7 to 9 or, the more traditional 13 to 24 episodes if they lasted a season.

I collect my blood.
I got a small container from a Catholic gift shop meant to carry holy water.
Instead, I put small drops of my blood mixed with saline solution so it doesn't dry, and keep it hidden in my jewelry box.

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth, so I get it from there, or if I accidentally cut while shaving my legs.

Beat. That. In weirdness.

Whoa there, that is weird, the only person I ever heard of that did that was the Tomb Raider actress and her husband and they traded their vials so each had the others blood with them all the time.
When I had my last bad accident, they took blood for toxicology twice, and so the second time they came and gave me the little vial and a notice of ‘CLEAR’, I think it’s about 20ml and as far as I know it’s still liquid to this day, 8 Years later. Other than that, if I get a cut anywhere I can reach, I will pop it in my mouth rather than drip blood everywhere, regardless of how deep it is. It makes sense to me that if dogs and cats can heal wounds via the special enzymes in their saliva then I couldn’t hurt myself worse either Ha-Ha

I collect die cast Routemasters and anything to do with the Mick Avory era Kinks from 1964 - 1984. I've also chose Mick to be my role model as a way of honing my morals and having a healthy body image, instead of forcing myself to strive to be thin.

Even though most are bored by it, I love anime and manga, as well as video games. Not what you'd expect from a typical girl. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom