• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Obligatory Introductory Title

abinun1987

Hello. I joined this forum purely because I have never met anyone else with AS or HFA... I was officially diagnosed with AS in 2011 during a very turbulent period in my life. It was an enlightening moment simply because I felt I finally understood what made me different from others all my life. I felt I finally had a name for why I felt like an outsider all the time. I also have cystic fibrosis and CF-related diabetes. This combination really doesn't make my life any easier. My health is constantly under attack from my CF and my AS affects my social functions in such a way that I'm unable to communicate with others in an appropriate manner.

I had tried to look for meet-up groups around my area for adults with Asperger's and Autism but I was unable to find anything fitting that category. I'm currently 26 and my life is a story that is too long to put into a single post. I've shied from others (including those with AS) simply because I've been afraid. I have not been officially diagnosed with any anxiety disorders but I have been diagnosed with PTSD. My anxiety is a pretty problematic thing and I've avoided anything related to AS or Autism simply because I get panic attacks when I see things that enrage me or frustrate me. I'm on a low dose of anxiety medication but it's generally just a sedative that's only effective during a full-blown panic attack. I also have depression for various reasons and am on an antidepressant.

I'm not sure if this goes against forum rules or not, but I do have a blog: reksum.wordpress.com (caution: contains graphic or harsh language). If this isn't permitted, please tell me. Regardless, my blog helps put some light on my perspective regarding cystic fibrosis, Asperger's and whatever else pops into my mind that I feel I need to write about.

You probably have met plenty. They just don't realise it.

Anyway, hi! I'm only new here too, but so far I like the place.
Say whatever you feel you need to get off your chest. No one is going to be too cruel to you here.

Thanks. I don't know if I've met others with AS or Autism simply because I've met very few people and they were often so different from me that I would doubt it.

Nice Rodan avatar, by the way. :)

Hi abinun, and welcome to Aspies Central.

You're not breaking any rules by creating a link to your blog. Many members here have blogs of their own as well. Yours sounds like it's a good one, and I think the mods would definitely take that into consideration. They're also very friendly as well, as are pretty much everyone on this forum.

I hope you enjoy all we have to offer here. As Greg says, please feel free to talk about anything if there's anything that's bothering you.

Hi!

Life must had been hard on you. You deserve a big virtual hug... (Offers big virtual hug)

I really hope you find some good support on Aspies Central. I like it that we are a friendly place for everyone here

Oh, and I like your blog, too! :D

Welcome ! I admit that I'm new here as well and I think there is alot of decent people here:) It's makes it easier because we all trully do have something in common :)

New Threads

Top Bottom