• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not sure if I'm in the right place

agrobsc

My name is Alex and I do not have Aspergers, but my father and 1 of 2 of my younger brothers have been diagnosed. (I am somewhere on the manic depressant/bipolar disorder spectrum though)

I was looking for a social network/community to talk to others who relate to Aspie life. How my father has changed my life and how my younger brother is (and will) is a topic that's hard for me to discuss with friends. I know now, that this discussion board is for those with aspergers, so I don't know if it's ok with everyone, but I'm just looking for someone to talk to about it all. My history & my family's history with Aspies has been something most cannot relate to.

<3 Alex

Actually, we are NOT an exclusively Aspie community. Lots of friends and family members like you join to get advice on interacting and living with those on the spectrum. Feel free to browse around, ask, and join the discussions. Your input might help many of us who are on the spectrum, too.

Welcome!

Welcome! I think you'll find most here are (probably cause I'm pretty new too) happy to chat and help you where they can. :)

Hi Agro, and welcome.
Ultimately the conversation and support you will find here, supports us Aspies, in the long term, anyway . People, like you, who are willing to learn and meet us half way, are to be encouraged and applauded . In an ideal world, who wouldn't want a piece of that
Cheers
Turk

Hi Alex, I'm an aspie with bipolar in the family, I don't have bipolar but my mother, grandmother & at least one other have bipolar. It made for a very interesting childhood. My mother was hospitalised many times. I only just found out about aspergers most of my life I was just seen as weird, depressed and unable to cope with people due to an abusive upbringing.

Most of the people here are Aspies, but those who are Neurotypicals have also been valued members of this community, and we are glad to welcome you.

You are very welcome here. Please stick around and let us know if we can help. It must be really hard to feel you had no-one to talk to about your father and brother, and I'm glad you found us.

New Threads

Top Bottom