• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New

Brooks87

Hello all. My name's Kyle and I'm not fully aspergers but I've been diagnosed as having some of the traits. I'm 27 and usually able to live/work without any problems. Maybe the occasional freak out here and there but normally able to take a deep breath and calm myself down. I've noticed over the course of the month, however, it's been harder to deal with and this week has been rough. I don't really remember ever having a meltdown(May have had some in high school/childhood but can't remember) but the pressure in the head and tremors in the hands have shown up. The anxiety has as well but hopefully things will get better as I decided to go to the doctor and they put me on some medication to help stabilize my mood. But anyways, I just thought I'd find a thread in case I needed to talk about things so here I am.

I wonder if anxiety, OCD, can change as age, or through therapy? or always in a state of fluctuation, depending on the current life stressors? so, it seems..... I think? maybe?

I wonder if anxiety, OCD, can change as age, or through therapy? or always in a state of fluctuation, depending on the current life stressors? so, it seems..... I think? maybe?

Love the question <3 :) I have noe clue,but i thought a syndrom is something genetical ?_? So i guess u cant fix it
(you cant fix somthing that isent broken :p), but you can minimize it???

And welcome to the forum Brooks87 :)

For me my anxiety is not nearly as bad as it once was. I've always suspected much of that had to do with being self-employed and living in relative isolation. Living a life dependent mostly upon myself rather than others. Leaving minimal social contacts I have control over in most instances.

As for my OCD...if anything it's a bit worse. Certain things can trigger it to higher "amplitudes" on occasion...related to certain traumas in my past.

New Threads

Top Bottom