• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New around here...

Omg my word Riley, that women did an awful thing to her children, poor things. We aspies should not have to change ourselves just to suite the NT world. It really gets on my nerves with this 'cure autism' attitude.
I think you can get cheap fabric off ebay? But can't give you any advice on making one, I gave my sewing machine away, I'm so terrible at it.
It really is awful. They also believe that autism is mostly caused by vaccines :confused:

Welcome, Riley :)
I too need lots of weight on me to sleep so I often end up sleeping with a heavy comforter in the summertime.
We have quite a few succulents and other sorts of plants in my house. I love Adam Ellis's comics as well.
I slept with a heavy comforter last summer, but this year it has been over 100 degrees and we only have a wall unit for air conditioning.

hullo riley =) love your succulentic dinosauric sympathetic saying-hello.. made me smile much =))
also very cool: thumbs up for trans man :cool: out of interest because you say diagnosis is very expensive: which country are you from?
Glad it made you smile! I'm from the US. Last time I called to ask how much it would be to get evaluated they told me without insurance it was going to be $1000 for the evaluation and $200 for the doctors to go over their conclusions and give a diagnosis if one was needed.

Welcome to AC Riley! You will find a lot of insight on Asperger's on here. I've learned so much by only a mere month of membership; my psychologist recently "diagnosed" me, though not formally and suggested I join an online community - so here I am. I should have gone to see a professional years sooner instead of sweeping my struggles under the rug, as I've been struggling for years.

I'll be turning 30 later in the year so it took me almost 30 years to finally get help. I felt different throughout my entire life and I've constantly struggled with OCD/general anxieties and social interaction; I also have a lot of trouble controlling my emotions. I suffer from low self-esteem and I've hardly ever had any friends. I'm glad you have a partner and at 20 years old; I've never dated in my entire life, ever. I used to not even be interested in it; I've been a lone wolf by choice up until my early 20's. I did have one childhood friend who was too socially awkward.

Then I suddenly grew tired of the solitude and wanted to make a lot of new friends in college, but failed at it miserably, becoming more alone than ever before. I regressed into my "lone wolfdom" and concentrated more on work after graduating; I do software development for a living. You said you're into dinosaurs? Well, I'm not 100% into dinosaurs but I do like some specific dinosaurs - like Tyrantus, a dinosaur featured in WoW/Hearthsone that I coined my username after.

I have been obsessed with other things like streetlights, sprinklers, construction sites, Isuzu tow trucks, and 4-digit numbers that start with 9. I used to be more artistic as a child; I used to write stories, poems, songs and even a few plays; I used to also draw a lot. For some reason I hardly ever read books. I read a lot of hearthpwn because it discusses cards from the video game I'm currently obsessed with, Hearthstone.

I have some stims that I'm not proud of. I used to chew on my shirts, and now I often fidget and peel skin off of my fingers and lips; I also clip my fingernails without using clippers, sometimes to the point of bleeding. I do that whenever I'm nervous and I'm pretty much always nervous. I also exhibit numerous facial tics for the same reason.

Anyway, enough about me. I'll let someone else take the driver's seat. :D
I used to chew on my shirts all the time. I've actually woke up with my fingers in my mouth, and when I look at them they have teeth marks. I hate my fingernails long, but I also hate cutting them...

I actually haven't ever play WoW, but a friend has showed it to me. I was rather artistic until my mental illness continued to spiral downward and got worse than it had ever been. Now I'm still kind of in an art slump.

It really is awful. They also believe that autism is mostly caused by vaccines :confused:
Oh dear!
I've actually done my nurse training and one of the first things we were told was that the link between vaccines and autism was not true. The fact that the particular doctor that started it was a crackpot who got sued and his licence taken off him! And the media just blew it all out of proportion! You know what the other nurses still didn't believe it when we were shown evidence it wasn't true!! You can't argue with idiots I guess???

I slept with a heavy comforter last summer, but this year it has been over 100 degrees and we only have a wall unit for air conditioning.
Same here, it has been unusually warm here this summer (I live in a place that typically doesn't get very warm) and I have had to try to sleep without the comforter.

Same here, it has been unusually warm here this summer (I live in a place that typically doesn't get very warm) and I have had to try to sleep without the comforter.
Not just where I live then. It's been ridiculously hot where I live for this time of the year. I keep an electric fan on all the time non-stop for a few days up until now.

Oh dear!
I've actually done my nurse training and one of the first things we were told was that the link between vaccines and autism was not true. The fact that the particular doctor that started it was a crackpot who got sued and his licence taken off him! And the media just blew it all out of proportion! You know what the other nurses still didn't believe it when we were shown evidence it wasn't true!! You can't argue with idiots I guess???
Exactly. I showed my mom a video where a younger kid on the spectrum was explaining how vaccines don't cause autism. She basically dismissed it though because "He's just a kid" o_O

It's really difficult. I've been waking up for a few hours each night because of the heat on not being able to have something heavy on me.

New Threads

Top Bottom