• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Neurological differences in social behavior

ChrisKarr

Good day, friends,

I was thinking about some of my not-so-NT behaviors and was realizing that my social disconnect extends further than just not understanding peoples' feelings and the like. For example, when I'm talking about a person I see in front of me and they have something on their face on my right, I point at the left side of my face to show them where it is. Neuroscientists observing this behavior in a toddler to an adolescent would flag such behavior as developmental disability. But, in reality, I would be right, given they were looking from my perspective.

This thread is devoted to such observed differences, whether they be related to emotional mirroring, physical mirroring, or any other deviation from the general NT way of doing things. Please, share your peculiarities, your idiosyncrasies and your quirks. They're part of what makes you who you are, and I'm eager to know YOU. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom